Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload a file from a web with an dialog box set.

SantiMoreno
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, folks.

Probably, there could be a previous post with an issue similar to mine, but If I truly haven't been able to find such those posts.

The problem I've got is that want to get the information contained in an Excel file which is located in a Web Site. I've got a problem with it because if you put the complete path of the file in a browser, you've got the typical dialog box of Open-Store-Cancel which launches several errors trying to open it directly.

So, does any of you got an idea of how implement an skip over that dialog box to directly been able to upload the file into SAP, or at least, leave it on the server, please let me know how to implement it.

Thanks a lot.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have given HAS_FIELD_SEPERATOR and FILE TYPE import parameter. Problem might be due to that.

Thanks,

Muthu.

0 Kudos

Well, thanks for your quick answer, but I haven't fixed the problem.

I've gone on with some test, and now I'm using FM HTTP_GET which seems not to need anything special setting for getting the file. The problem now os that I'm receiving a lot of lines with no sense, probably because the file is an excel.

So, how could I get those lines with an sense content, or how can I download that file to be able to parse the content of the excel.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Well, I've found a FM called HTTP_GET_FILE_DP which serves for my purposes.

Anyway, probably I'm going to have problems to put it, working in background, locally in a PC for uploading it, won't I?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!