cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

populate elements in a drop based on selection made in another drop down

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need to populate elements in a drop based on selection made in another drop down list. have created list models for populating data from R3. I am using PDK for java development.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let us know what type of applications are u creating - is it webdynpro applications or HTMLB applications. Whatever be the way, you can create a method and associate with the first drop down list event. The method should take in parameter values selected from the first drop down list and filter on a set of values to get values for the second drop down list. Hope this helps for you.

Cheers!!!

Sukanta Rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying... it's a HTMLB application i'm working on. It would be really great if you can provide a sample code for the same.

Thanks and Regards

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

"OnSelect " event of first dropdown can call a method which will set the value selected in a bean and then you can get value from the bean and get values for second dropdown depending upon the value on the first dropdown.

Thanks & Regards

Harsimran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to populate the second dropdown from the selection of the first u need to the submit the form on the selection of data from dropdown and based on the selection populate the second dropdown.

If using jspDynpage u can submit the form on the ''onChange" event of first drop down.

If you can let us know what type of application is this i think we can help you in more better way.

Thanks

Ritushree Saha