cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO code of the country

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can anyone tell me what is this ISO code of the country? where we will maintain this? While creating Billing document its giving error like ' first 2 characters of VAT registration number does not match with ISO code of the country'. Can anyone explain me this in detail and soultion please.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Please check all ISO code in table T005 ( via se16 ).

Hope this helps,

Erwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

Can you tell why the above error is coming? what is that error exactly means and solution for that please.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can anyone explain me clearly why the above error is coming and the solution for that please.

Regards

Ramesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

I have been seariching various books / URLs on the issue you recorded and in one of the URL / books, the following is printed.

<b>Countries, units of measure, currencies and other amounts are transferred according to the ISO standard If there is no ISO code for SAP_Code, the SAP_Code is transferred (outbound)

If the ISO-SAP conversion in inbound processing is not completely clear, an error message is issued</b>

By comparing the above comments with the issue you recorded, I feel that in the billing document, some of the material might be an imported one and it has been created with some wrong details or Vendor details might be wrong.

I am not sure on the above. As of now, I could give only the above hints. Will try and give you more feedback if possible.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The country code as per ISO is nothing but the general country code you see in SAP. for India it is IN, for Taiwan it is TW. The two-character ISO code is in accordance with ISO 3166, which is delivered by SAP as a default. Please check your VAT number in the customer master data and your company's VAT number also. I believe one of them is not matching the specific checks which SAP has to cover VAT validations.

By the way, which country are you processing the invoice for. What is the departure country, destination country and the sales organization country.

Is this related to European union.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil

Thanks for your reply. Invoice is processed for Great Britan (GB), Europina country. So I have to give manually the VAT number in Sale order where it is accepting only numericals. But error is ISO code is not matching with VAT. Because first 2 letters of the VAT should start with GB where in Sale order it is not accepting alphabets. what to do for that?

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer OSS Note - 1015503 and search in OSS notes only.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Just for knowledge sake please let me know is it mandatory to enter your customer VAT Code in the sale order??

We do lot of exports to UK but we are not giving this data and that is why I am asking.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Did you got your answer or are you still facing the problem.. Have you checked the OSS note i told before.....

Thanks

Kapil Sharma