Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcaster - burst to Portal?

m_verbaan2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When using the Information Broadcaster one can use the option 'Broadcast by E-mail (<u>Bursting</u>)'.

Nice feature here is that you can <i>filter the documents by a characteristic value</i> (e.g. Vendor nr) so each recipient receives the document filtered with his/her own data.

Would anyone know if this kind of 'bursting' can be used to Broadcast documents onto the <i>Portal</i>? (with or without a workaround)

I have a requirement where a query needs to run for, let's say, 100 vendors, and each vendor gets an html file (filename = vendornr + timstamp) in the Portal (to be used by an external webapplication). Broadcast by E-mail is no option for this client unfortunately.

As you will understand I don't like creating broadcast settings for each vendor separately.

Many thanks for your help!

Grtx

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

With a BW query you can use the Broadcast to Portal distribution type and select HTML as an

output format. You have options to 'Export Document to Other Folder' which will enable you

to select where you wish to broadcast too.

You can then select the Filter Navigation tab and by using the Filter by Selected Characteristics

option, select which characteristic you wish the report to be filtered by, in your case Vendor,

then select the values you require.

This should produce a different HTML document per Vendor.

hope this helps

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note: if the vendors or users accessing the data are not mysap license holders they will each require a broadcasting software license!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

but in this way I don't like creating broadcast settings for each vendor separately.

Instead, with bursting e-mail, broadcaster does this automatically.

So it is not possible to do this with broadcaster to folder, I understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry I'm a little confused. You only need to create one broadcast setting and within the

Filter Navigation Tab select the Characteristic you wish to filter on, (an HTML document

is then produced for each change of this characteristic) the values can

then be selected for this characteristic in the Filter Values box.

You can also use the filter by control query which may be an easier way to manage

the data.

This is my understanding of this functionality and how it is working when I tested

it.

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you maintain one 'broadcast to portal' type setting, then use the attribute information of the characteristic you would use in the standard email bursting functionality, you can write an ABAP program that calls

RSRD_BROADCAST_STARTER to output the above based on the information.

Within the program

You simply have to change a couple of the fields for the portal variant which is stored in table

RSRD_SETT_NODE_A (e.g. filename - DI_FILENAME)

You would want to change the query variant's value to change the filter value. To do this, you may dynamically generate a variant for each vendor, or you can create one query variant manually, loop through each vendor and change the value of the characteristic (e.g. from RUN1vendor = 1, RUN2 vednor - 2) in the variant dynamically, before executing the broadcast again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the same requirement.

Didi you solve it ?

Thanks.

Mario