Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alv report Background result list -> Columns are not aligning properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am handling purchase Book report. This report should be run in Background. This report contains around 26 output columns. When I extract result list to excel sheet first 19 columns heading are coming fine. The remaing 6 columns heading will be appearing in the next line. I need the result list as foreground result list. Please tell me is there any way for getting output list of the background list in a proper way.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

It can be due to the length , you hav set in the field Catalog.

Try to set the field " ls_fcat-outputlen = " according to the fields.

For eg : for date , ls_fcat-outputlen = 10.

Reward if Useful.

Regards,

Chitra

former_member1345686
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

The width of background job is depend on the paper type you select ( or predefined ) while submit the job . Please check whether the width is sufficient to your ALV layout variant .

Increase when needed.

The other way is to update the field catalog ( set the field_name-outputlen ) field by field, or just activate the general setting i_layout-optimize_width .

Rgds,

Tuwuh Sih Winedya

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am setting outputlen field by field. Please can you tell me how do I check , whether the width is sufficient to my ALV layout variant and secound way i_layout-optimize_width, if you explain step by step it will be very help full for me.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is because in background only 255 characters can be displayed in one line and if the length of output report exceeds 255 columns then it will be shifted to next line. This is a standard phenomena in SAP because the user normally wants to take a print of the background spool.

You may check it with any standard ALV report where the record length exceeds 255 characters.

You may have to compromise upon the length. Just try to minimise the colums by using opmise width option. Remove unnecessary spaces(if possible).