cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just wanted to check if I'm installing netweaver correctly.

I installed "SAPNW7.0ABAPTrialSP12\image\setup.exe" "SAP Netweaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version" which took 2m 50s

I then installed "SAP Management Console" which followed from the previous install and took 25s

I then went to Start->Programs->SAP Netweaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version->NSP->Start Application Server

I got an error message (below)

I then opened the sapmmc and tried to start it that way. It went yellow (after 15s) then green (after 30s). I still couldnt log on, then it went yellow again.

My question is: Although the start.html says I can log on, is this correct, or do I need to install MaxDB or SQL Studio first?

Also how do you know If no DHCP server is available? Should I install this loopback anyway?

Ash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ash,

As you would have the most powerfull machine on earth, if you get the system in 2m and 50s up and running, I suppose there is something wrong with the installation. This could happen, if a previous version was not unistalled successfully.

1. Unistall the system using the entry in start menu

2. Check the folder: 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Universal'. There is a folder 'SAP' (which causes the trouble). Just delete it.

3. Install the server again.

It should take something about 30-60 minutes, depending on your machine.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error message in a red MSDOS window when running:

Start->Programs->SAP Netweaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version->NSP->Start Application Server

The service name is invalid

More help is available by typing net helpmsg 2185

The system cannot find the path specified

============== Start database failed !

Press any key to continue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

In Sap installation your server should be in a network to connect ot server from frontend. if you are installing in a standalone PC that means you dont have any network connections so in this case you have to install the loop back adapter. Loopback adapter is nothing but just a virtual lan through which you can connect the Sap server through your Sap Gui, you just have to enter a static ip in Loopback adapter and add that ip and host name on hosts file.

if still you have some problem then post the dev_0 file here then we can analyze better

Regards

Subhash