cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor down payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please explain me the process of Vendor down payment (transactions and accounting logic)

regards

jehade

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a) Create a GL named Advance to Vendors as reconciliation account (FS00)

b) Go to OBYR give reconciliation account (crs ) and special GL account (created above... advance to vendors a/c)

c) Make down payment entry ( f-48) with special gl indicator A

d) Post a purchase invoice (f-43)

e) Transfer advance from Special gl (adv to vendors) to recon (crs) account (f-54)

f) Clear the recon account (f-44)

Normally we record transaction in vendor account (in AP) and it was automatically posted in vendor recon account ( in GL ). For this advance made we are creating an account advance to vendors account and maintaining a separate recon account for this advance payments. We are doing separately because, this advance payments, can setoff against a particular invoice or can keep that as advance. If you decide to setoff this advance against a certain invoice, then you need to transfer that special GL recon account to regular recon account.

Radha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Vendor downpayment is generally advance paid to vendor and in SAP such transactions are maintained as SP/GL transactions and they are posted with a special indicators. So that they can be identified easily.

We need to create a SP/GL account for maintainance of downpayment values and once invoice is made then system promts us saying that downpayment exists againt such vendor.

So when we are making payment to vendor we post these downpayments against the invoice and if any amount is due then we make the rest of payment normally.

F-47 Down Pyament Request

F-48 Post Down Payments

F-54 Clear Vendor down payments

F-43 Make invoice

F-53 Out going payments

These are the T.Codes for Downpayments made to vendor

Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jehade,

Please use the Tcode F-48

Accounting  Financial Accounting  Accounts Payable  Document entry  Down payment  F-48 - Down payment

Enter the Docyument date, company code, Vendor Account number amount and the Bank account number number and then click onthe Request.

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how to reverse this operation, i try that with F-54 but i don't now what i must enter in the fields "invoice" (sure it's a number of a document but wich type and created with wich transaction).

thinks

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jehade,

In Tcode F-54

Enter the Document date, Vendor Account number and click ont the {Process down payment.

Ranjit