Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usermanagementpages do not open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

my problem is quite simple:

The Enterprise Portal does not show Usermanagementpages. The Browser just tells me, that an error occured on the page. The description of the error tells me "access denied".

The defaulttrace server log also shows errors:

Date , Time ,

Message ,

Severity ,

Category ,

Location ,

Application ,

User

10/08/2007 , 10:39:57:474 ,

Failed to lookup object from JNDI for name localejbs/TestListener within app level thread. Reason: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Object not found in lookup of TestListener. ,

Error ,

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.runtime.Resources.lookupFromJNDI(String, boolean) ,

J2EE_GUEST

10/08/2007 , 10:38:57:470 ,

Failed to create listener localejbs/TestListener for connection test. Reason: java.lang.Exception: Failed to lookup object from JNDI for name localejbs/TestListener within app level thread. Reason: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Object not found in lookup of TestListener. ,

Error ,

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.runtime.Resources.getListener(String, boolean) ,

J2EE_GUEST

I searched the Forums, the notes and everything but could not find a clue what this is all about.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance and Best Regards

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say you are not able to access user management?? have you assigned Admin role to your user? because user admin comes under Admin role.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ameya,

thank you for your support.

Well it's surely not an authorization problem, i'm super administrator on that system and this would not explain the errors that occur.

Regards, Paul

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you rum ne the actual scenario? well as per the error it says access denied so i thought you dont posses proper access rights, well as you are a super admin, what problem are you facing, more precisely, when?? i mean are you able to access User admin tab?? and work there?

Regards,

Ameya

Message was edited by:

Ameya Pimpalgaonkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I click on User admin tab and it get's the focus, but neither the left hand navigation nor the mainframe gets any content.

The status bar of the browser reports an error (with an "access denied").

I also posted the errors in server logs (default trace) which occur when I open User Admin tab.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Paul

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you having any other user with admin credentials? is it working for them or only your user is getting the problem?One more thing please access portal via host name, and always make entry in host file, never access it via an IP address.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have u custom developed any thing and deployed the same ?

Regards

Jayesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i found out what the problem was.

The security settings of my Browser were far too restricitve for the intranet zone.

Thanks to all of you anyway.

Best Regards,

Paul

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats nice, kindly close the thread.

Regards,

Ameya