cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall Netweaver 7.0 ABAP trial version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to remove failed installation of Netweaver 7.0 ABAP trial version. I had run Reigstry Clean tool and then tried to Delete c:\SAP and c:\SAPDB folders:

1. c:\SAP folder was deleted successfully.

2. c:\SAPDB folder can not be deleted. A message comes that 'sapni.dll from pgm can not be deleted. Source file may be in use'. Any help?

3. Do I need to delete anyother folder(s) or do anything else?

Thanks

Bhupendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Uninstall procedure (worked for me):

- Drop database: In order to do that go to the Control Panel click on 'Add and Remove Programs' and look for 'MaxDB'. Click on 'Change/Remove' which starts the Installation Manager of the MaxDB. Click on 'Remove MaxDB Components', select 'All Components' and enter the database manager user 'control' and your <password>. Quitt the dialog popup with 'yes'.

- Stop SAPNSP_00 service Go to the Control Panel, click on 'Administrative Tools' and stop the SAPNSP_00 service.

- Remove in your file system the directories of 'SAP' and 'sapdb'.

-Go to 'Program Files/Common Files' and remove the directory 'Installshield'.

- Run the clean up tool for the registry, press the radio button for 'Uninstall Service', enter 'NSP' for SID and '00' for the number.

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhupendra,

Actually you should uninstall the MaxDB using 'Control Panel' -> 'Add or Remove Programs' and then choose MaxDB. In your case you have to clean your registry as follows:

Go to 'Start'->'Run...'-> enter regedit.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software: Search and delete all MaxDB entries.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System: Search and delete all MaxDB entries.

After this, restart your computer and try to delete the MaxDB folder.

Perhaps next time better use the unistaller.

Kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupendra,

look for sap uninstall program, it will be there after installation. I guess now you have del. some files already, so make sure you stop all SAP services stopped at service.msc(in services) then delete manually. I can't assure that you will be able to delete 100% with this as well but you can get back system resources.

Regards,

Hari.

PS: Points are welcome.