cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow on EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we are has 1 month trying to find a way to create workflows in the EP (6.0.11).

Workflow ad hoc does not take care of our necessities.

Workflow of approval (that workflow is not one WfMC standard) also does not take care of our expectations.

I have read many materials and messages in the forum but still I do not have a clear line of development.

In the administration of the Portal it has a called area Workflow Content but I did not find no documentation or tutorial that it indicates as to use this functionality. And still the button of ' Create new template ' is disable.

Therefore I am without alternatives to develop workflows of business, not necessarily integrated with the R/3, for users.

I know that to create workflows integrated with transactions of the R/3 must be used the Workflow Builder and the UWL (Universal WorkList) be qualified in the Portal. But it is not this that I am searching. Workflows that we need to develop is not related processes of business with the R/3.

Somebody can help me?

p.s. this question is appropriate for this topic?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alexander_sieland
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the newest patches for EP 7.00 but the problem with the disabled button ' Create new template ' is still the same.

Does someone have an idea how worflow templates can be created or whether this function is now available?

Regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

For all of you who want their own workflow in SAP EP

I have made several investigations and there are the results:

1) there is no real possibility how to change the approval wf's nor the ad-hoc wf's functionality in SAP EP 6.0 (at least up to SPS15) - their APIs are not released public

2) there are some rumors flying around mentioning that in SAP EP 7.0, the ad-hoc wf API should be released for public use - but they are only rumors and SAP EP 7.0 release is far far ahead

3) you can use Guided Procedures and build your own wf, which is quite comfortable. CAF (GP are part of it) is either a standard part of NW 2004s (which is in Ramp-Up now) or as an add-on for NW'04 SPS13 and up (that add-on is in Ramp-Up, too).

4) If you from any reason can't (or don't want to) use GP, then you have to develop your own application and call it "workflow". But its capability will be limited somehow - e.g. you won't be able to use Universal Work List's Task list, only the Notification list etc.

5) of course there is always the possibility to move wf to the backend (SAP R/3) and use good old SAP WF, but this means that the object which is "workflowed" has its representation in the backend and SAP EP is only "shadowing" this backend object. So it is not really usable for document approval.

Hope this helps somebody

Regards

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have studied tons of documentation but without any significant result. It seems that the only way is to re-develop all the approval workflow functionality again

This question lies here for three months without answer -it means that nobody knows it?

Tomas