cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW problem 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data Transfer Workbench - second problem:

After selecting my files (BusinessPartners and ContactEmployees) I arrive at step 3. Under tab [Map Rule] the columns ‘Source Fields’ and ‘Target Fields(B1)’ are equal. When I go to tab [Source Data] I see all data to import. But when I go to the tab [Target Data] I only see fields filled-in at BusinessPartners.txt (after waiting and unfolding). There are only two fields (MailAddress and MailCity). If I now go back to tab [Source Data] then the other data like ‘RecordKey’, ‘CardCode’, ‘Address’, ‘CardName’, ‘Cardtype’, etc. has disappeared!

When I go back to step 2 and select the files again the fields are there again. But as soon as I repeat the steps mentioned above the fields have disappeared again.

When I continue with step 4 and choose ‘Import New Object’ then I get following message in my logbook ‘Code undefined [OCRD.Cardcode]Application-defined or object-defined errorBusinessPartners’. The column [Key] is empty.

But DTW worked. I did put something in the database. However, the new files have a different ‘RecordKey’ and ‘CardCode’.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I ask which version of DTW are you using? If you are using any version below 17, I'd advise you to upgrade to the latest version as the older versions have some issue or the other.

Also, when you try to import the data, i am sure you have checked the values that have been entered in the template. So in that case, try continuing with all the steps of DTW without clicking on source data & target data tabs - I have faced a similar issue with DTW and after not touching these tabs the data has been imported successfully!! I know it is weird but that is how DTW is!!

Regards,

Gyanesh

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please give us the SBO Version and Patch level you are on.

After you have selected the Business Partners and Contact Employee files what are you trying to do by going into the TARGET DATA tab.

SBO automatically maps all the data if the column names from your Excel match SBO field name.

Please try to Import Business Partners first and then import the Contact Persons along with just the CardCodes from the Business Partner file as an UPDATE.

Thanks

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hierbij even per antwoord het resultaat:

Version 2005.0.11

API Version 6.80.318

I do nothing at tab [Target Data] I only look at the first row (and I click on all +)

Only importing Business Partners does not help. The same problem occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The version of DTW that you are working on (2005.0.11) has a bug and I have also faced an issue with import of BP master with that version. I would advise upgrading to DTW version 2005.0.17 (available with SBO 2005A SP01 PL29) and that should take care of your issue.

Also, make sure that the values entered in Recordkey column of the template are 1, 2, 3.....1281.

Regards,

Gyanesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

When loading SalesOpportunities with DTW we get following error:

<Errorlist><Error>System Id=31478720,Line Number=1,Column Number=79,Description=The Namespace of element ‘schema’ must be from the schema namespace</Error><Error>System id=314787820,Line Number=1,Colum Number=99, Description=The numspac

Who has a solution?

DTW version: 2005.0.17

API Version: 6.80.320

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you could be wrong to fill data in the template. This error is caused by that code / data defined in the template did not match with DTW addon requirement for template. Try to use SDK help file so that it could be clear how to fill the data.

Rgds,

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I suspect the cardcode can't be recorded caused by record key error or you have already imported the BP but not deleted it when trying to import again using the same template data. Just check : select * from OCRD and select * from CRD1 to see the data imported previously (if any).

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested it in another B1 database, but there I have the same problem. In the other B1 database is no data.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have replicated your problem and successfully got the error message. I try to delete cardcode in business partner template in the first - third record key and then import. The result is the error that is as same as you are currently facing.

I guess some cardcodes are not defined in the business partners template and seems unseen because is not in the 1st - 10th record keys, maybe in the 20th record keys or above. Try to check it.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean that one record key has no value?

The record key is filled in for all records and has value X000001 to X001281. Also numbering from 1 to 1281 gives no result.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know, the record key can't contain A, B, C ...Z, but you must write 1, 2, 3, 4, ..until reach BP data total amount. So, replace the current record key if your record key begin from X000001, replace it to be 1, 2, 3...1281. If you have tried with that, I guess there is a problem in your cardcode there is possibility a record key but no cardcode and it made the error message will appears.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing X000001 to X001281 into 1 to 1281 has been done at one of the earlier questions. This was not the problem. And at the first import the record key was L000001 to L001281, that did not give any problems then.