cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing hostname of the Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to change the hostname of my machine where WAS6.40 and EP7 are installed with Database as SQL Server 2000.

Do i need a new License to complete my this task?

If not,then could anyone elaborate in detail the steps which i need to follow?

Thanks & Regards,

Indu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indu,

Basically you are looking at performing a homogeneous system copy here. this is the only supported way to change your hostname. As you have EP you will haeva Java Stack so it is critical that you following the system copy guide precisely.

Http:
service.sap.com\systemcopy

When you move to a new server the hardware key of the system will change so this means that you wil require a new license. You target system will be installed with a temporary license and you eill have 1 month to fully license the system.

You can request the license yourself on the sap service marketplace

http:
service.sap.com\licensekey.

Hopefully this answers your question,

Regards,

David

P.S. Please give points if this is of help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I changed the hostname as per SAP Note: 757692.Hostname change was successful but in this case, with the hostname change hardware key changes so the license got failed.So,I understand that i need to apply for a new License with the new changed Hardware Key.

Want to know 1 thing that, Do i need to apply for a new license if I perform System Copy for Hostname change or the old license will work?

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

You need to apply a new licence with H/W key.

Regards,

Hari.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Check this thread,

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

This thread is to change the Hostname of the R/3 System But i need a solution for a server having WAS (only Java) and EP installed.

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Yes you need to apply for a new License when you change the hostname for a SAP System.

For J2EE Specific please refer the SAP Note 757692 - Changing the hostname for J2EE Engine 6.40/7.0 installation.

Regards,

Prem