cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot start SAP Business One Web Tools MessagingService

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have a problem starting the SAP Business One Web Tools MessagingService.

Everytime I start it manually it will stop withing few seconds. It is set to start automatically but it does not start when you restart the machine.

I am using windows 2003 standard server running as the OS.

Could you please help me? Do I have to do any other configuration before I start running the messaging services.

Thanks

Sanjaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Event log Error is created everytime I start the service manually

Error log as follows

EventType clr20r3, P1 netpoint.messagingservice.exe, P2 2007.0.622.0, P3 46c4dd66, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 461eee3d, P7 bd1, P8 59, P9 system.formatexception, P10 NIL.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjaya,

I started getting a similar error to yours (The source is the .NET 2.0 Runtime):

<b>EventType clr20r3, P1 netpoint.messagingservice.exe, P2 2007.0.623.0, P3 46e7af91, P4 netpoint.messagingservice, P5 2007.0.623.0, P6 46e7af91, P7 7a, P8 1, P9 system.io.fileloadexception, P10 NIL.</b>

That is what I get when using ChilkatDotNet.dll version 8.3. If I change to version 7.7, I get this error:

<b>EventType clr20r3, P1 netpoint.messagingservice.exe, P2 2007.0.623.0, P3 46e7af91, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4333ab80, P7 bd0, P8 59, P9 system.formatexception, P10 NIL.</b>

Did you have any luck resolving your issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was a reference conflict with the ChilKat component in a couple of builds.

I thought that had been resolved with the last patch (not 100% sure on that). You could try upgrading to the latest patch if you have not already.

There is also a problem if multiple instances are installed. There appears to be contention for the log file. If you have multiple instances showing when you start the installer (possibly from previous test installs) you might try cleaning up your instances.xml file.

You can find the instances file at Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One Web Tools\Installer\instances.xml. I would copy it first as a backup, then open the file and delete all instances that are not valid. Hopefully this will make sense to you once you see the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

When I go to instances.xml file I can see something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16" ?>

- <instances>

<instance InstanceName="B1WebTools" ... />

<instance InstanceName="B1ABCweb" .. />

<instance InstanceName="B1ABC" .../>

</instances>

Currently I am using B1ABC. That mean I can dlete the first two

records. Am I correct and do I have to restart the server?

Thanks

Sanjaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, delete the first two.

If you are using those instances, or plan on using them, you should copy the file so you can run upgrades in the future.

This will not help if you have the 8.3 version of ChilKat.

Also, swapping out the ChilKat version does not work since there are references in the .NET assembly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was already running the machine with only one instance. So that couldn't have been it.

The WT version installed is 2007_PL03-20001835. And that seems to be the newest version available when I go to the download page.

Weird. Maybe I'll try to go backwards with a test machine and see what I come up with.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

I guess the fix is not out yet then.

It should be in p4--hopefully out soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

So until then is there any alternative way that we can

send emails when clients place an order or go to

forget password area.

Thanks you

Sanjaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no automated way.

If you want to try it manually you can find the new orders as follows:

SELECT *

FROM OrderMaster

WHERE SentFlag='N'

When done, change the sent flag to 'Y'.

To manually send forgotpassword emails:

select *

from contactlogs

where logstatus = 'O'

and templatecode = 'forgotpassword'

When done change the logstatus to 'C'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Shane,

What I mean is to send emails automatically. When I go setup

Config Settings and messaging it allowes me to specify the

smtp and pop3 servers.

is that mean I can use external SMTP server to send emails

or still do I need to make messaging services working to automate

the emails when order is placed.

Thank you very much for your help

Sanjaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

In most cases the messaging service is polling the database to create the emails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The messaging service does not send the emails, that will be done by your local mail server (if you are using the dropbox - i suggest using this method) or by the SMTP server.

The messaging service is only responsible for scanning the database for waiting message content and creating the files in email format. If the messaging service is turned off, there will be zero outbound emails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shane and Landro for your help

It seems like I have to wait until the next update

and make messaging service work with 64 bit OS

Thanks for your help....

Answers (0)