Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from DP to R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on SCM 5.0 & ECC 6.0.

I want to transfer Forecast to R/3 as PIR.

Is this through CIF or creation of transfer profile & Publication settings are enough.

Can somebody pls tell steps wise process for transfer DP to R/3.

I have created Transfer Profile & did Publication settings and then execute the job.

But I didnt get it in R/3 MD63.

Pls help its urgent.

Points for sure.

Vishal..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no need of the any intergration model to transfer forcast as PIR to the ECC.

There is standard trx code for this.

<b>/SAPAPO/MC90 - Release Demand Planning to Supply Network Planning</b>

only thing imp in this transfer is, whatver the CVC's you are having in APO. like product, location needs to be in the R/3 system.

thats all.

pravin mukkawar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal -

Look at the following excerpt on help.sap.com

Transfer of the Demand Plan to R/3 Demand Management

Purpose

This process transfers the demand plan to Demand Management in SAP R/3, and creates planned independent requirements there.

Prerequisites

· You have installed the correct Plug-In version.

· You have set up your products in SAP APO by choosing Navigation ® Master Data ® Product from the SAP APO menu tree.

· You have set up your locations in SAP APO by choosing Navigation ® Master Data ® Location from the SAP APO menu tree.

· You have defined the split of product demand to locations in one of two possible ways. For more information, see Location Split.

· If necessary, you have defined a product split in SAP APO. For more information, see Product Split.

· You have created a data view for this task in SAP APO. The use of a separate data view to transfer a demand plan to SAP R/3 has performance benefits. The data view contains the following:

¡ A future planning horizon only (no historical horizon unless you want to transfer the historical horizon too)

¡ A planning buckets profile with one periodicity only (if it contains more than one periodicity, the job is aborted with an error)

¡ Only the key figure(s) that you want to transfer to SAP R/3

¡ No actual rows (unless you want to transfer them to SAP R/3)

· You have set the planning strategy of each material in SAP R/3.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting very much confused with this thread.

I never worked on DP, from last 9 months i am working on DP. and last month i got APO certified.

As per my bookish knowledge and some practicle, i dont think there is any need to creat product or location in APO. and no need of the CIF model also.

do you ppl think , i am totaly under wrong impression or what??

if yes, i think i need to try everthing in system, i should not beleive on the books.

regards!!

pravin mukkawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

you are doing some mistake.

he is asking to transfer the forcast from APO to R/3 which can not be handeled thr intergration model.

there is separate transcation code for this.

you can transfer PIR fromR/3 to APO with the help of intergration model

let me know if some confusion. or may be i am confused....:)

pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

DP Time series to SNP order series transfer- /sapapo/mc90

APO Order series to R3 - Publications settings

R3 to APO transaction data - CIF

Interestingly as kiran mentioned, you need a CIF for the product locations. Though this is not mentioned you might need to set this up to make a link between APO and R/3 (i believe APO checks the integration model to validate the location products for transfer of PIRs)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear harish, i dont think it need the CIF,

and what for it should check??

suppose you r using the only DP?? why there is need for the IM. u send the history thr BW.

so i dont think there should be need of prod/loc IM to transfer the forcast to the R/3.

what do u think? is my logic correct or missing something.

definetly APO will validate the product and location, as should be a master data in R/3.

ofcurse u can not send the PIR for the material which is not in R/3 (though this can be a situation, since only CVC is the master data in DP, it wont have any check with the r/3 weather these exit that kind of releationship or not)

Regards,

Message was edited by:

pravin mukkawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx all,

but is it means , Transfer of Forecast only through SNP Planning Area.

Again shld I have Product Master maintained for same ?

In short, I cant transfer directly through DP planning area to R/3.

thanx

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal ... pls find the process for releasing forecast from APO to R/3 as PIRs

<u><b>Pre-Requisites</b></u>:

• Product Masters are defined

• Location Masters are defined

• Distribution Types are defined.

(mySAP SCM - Implementation Guide -> Integration with SAP Components-> Integration of SAP SCM and SAP R/3 -> Basic Settings for Data Transfer -> Publication -> Maintain Distribution Definition or Generate and Delete Distribution Definition)

Then you define your transfer profiles:

SAP menu-> Advanced Planning and Optimization-> Demand Planning -> Environment -> /SAPAPO/MC8U - Maintain Transfer Profiles

Then you schedule it in DP background jobs.

Please note:

Integration Models -> used for transfering data from R/3 to APO

Publication / Distribution -> used for transfering data from APO to any other logical systems.

<b>You can definitely transfer data from DP planning area to R/3.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw also check the APO and R3 queues for any transactions that are stuck

You dont need product masters

in the transfer profile fill the values for

Characteristic - product and Characteristic - location

The InfoObject name of the characteristic that represents products in the planning area. (If you leave this field blank, the system reads the data for the characteristic 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO )

hope you have checked this part of the help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/c9/b4df8870c011d398450000e8a49608/content.htm

I had faced a similar issue sometime back. i remember setting it right by setting a CIF model. I suppose you can try it out for one Location Product (or whatever characterisitc equivalent in DP you have) and see if it works. but if others have used it without a model then maybe it is so.

0 Kudos

forgot to tell vishal its thru CIF only u transfer demand from dp to r/3

0 Kudos

hi vishal,

you need to create integration model for the product location combinations you want to release the forecast for. this u do in r/3 with cfm1 and cfm2 t-codes let me know if your question is answered.

regards,

kiran