cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebAS ABAP 6.40 Post install problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a problem with the install of the ABAP component for Web AS 6.40. I have used Sql Server 2000 (8) as the database on a windows Server 2003 operating system. The system appears to have installed correctly (as far as I can tell).

I am at the point of having started and stopped the Sap Sytem according to page 88 section 1.71 of the associated install guide (SAP WebAS Server ABAP 6.40 on Windows SQL Server). The system starts but according to the management console process list the "disp+work.exe" Dispatcher is stopped.

I haven't found any solutions to this so far, perhaps someone might have a suggestion as to how to proceed.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks more likely to be something to do with the database. I may have missed something in the install I just can't think what exactly (I'm not a basis person at all so I am just following the guides for installing a Mobile Infrastructure 2.5 server). I am trying to install the WEBAS ABAP + J2EE as well as MI 2.5 components on the one server. These will link to an already established IDES system.

From the Syslog I am getting a lot of the following errors

Database: Database error 0 at CON

Followed at the end by these errors :

SAP Basis System: Initialization DB-Connect Failed, Return Code 000256

SAP Basis System: Operating system call recv failed (error no. 10054)

Any ideas on this would be helpful as its a bit of a mystery to me. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error 10054 is maybe an indication. Check note 392892

Eddy

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls don't forget to reward points if you find the answers usefull.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turned out to be an error with the database instance. The tables for the db isntance were not present.

Thanks for trying to help in any case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niall,

Could you tell me what database is missing and how did you fix this? Thanks.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Don't you get any errors back. You might check notes

810368 and 860031.

Eddy