cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete material from material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can I delete one material details from material master?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

You need to completely delete the material. For the particular material you would have raise the PR > PO > GR > GI > Invoice.

So that process must be complete like:

If the material is used rarely you can create the material - PR > PO > GR > GI > Invoice. Schedule for Deletion - MM16 for that particular material.

Regards,

Pherasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have uploaded material.I didnt do any process now. but some material uploaded wrongly.I need to delete that material and should create new one in the same number.this is wht my question. help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TJK

U need to flag these materials for deletion through MM06 and then archive it

Below is process steps

Archive a Material Master Record

When a material is no longer required in a company or plant, you can archive and delete the material master record.

You have to Flag the material master record for deletion. This is known as logical deletion.

Before a material master record can be archived and deleted, other objects (such as purchasing documents) that refer to this material must themselves be archived. You can see which objects these are and the dependencies between them in the network graphic.

If a material master record cannot be archived and deleted at a given organizational level, the reason is given in the log (for example, a purchase order exists for the material). The log also contains technical data such as the number of material master records read and the number deleted.

Some of the archive error log message :-

Costing data exists

Use in routing

Use in sales and distribution

Use in bill of material

Delivery exists

Costing data exists

Info record exists

Purchase order exists

The Archiving steps :-

Archiving object MM_MATNR for archiving material master records.

You can display the archived data, but not reload it.

To archive the material master, first goto transaction MM71.

Type in a variant name and click Maintain. (Tick the Test Mode for archive simulation).

Save the variant.

Maintain the Start date and Spool parameters and click execute.

Click Goto Job Overview to check the archive status.

To do a permanent delete, goto transaction SARA and click Delete button.

Maintain the Archive Selection, Start date and Spool parameters.

Click Test Session for testing or click execute to start the deletion program.

Click Goto Job Overview to check the delete status.

Now, if you goto MM02/MM03, you will not be able to find the record in the material master.

Reward if usefull

Vishal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have tried it out you can created the same material no. After deleting the material completely if you follow the steps given by Mr.Vishal.

Thanks Mr.Vishal. New information i got.

Suggestion from Mr. Shan is also useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I executed the program MMREO050 for 10 materials in foreground.

It just goes in waiting mode for 20 minutes, still it is not completed & I think it will time out now .

Do we need to execute anything before this to stop this kind of behaviour.

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

You Can Delete the material By - MM06 - Immediately Or MM16 -Schedule - You can create the same material but you will not have the sam Material No.

I hope this will solve you problem

Regards,

Pherasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the same material number I need to create.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

u can create the same material number after deleting the material completely from the database.

If u are not able to create the same material then ther is no need of deleting the material , u can block the previous material for any movement and simultaneously create another material .

I hope wud clarify ur doubts.

Reward if useful

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot delete material master directly. You can flag material for deletion by using MM06 (Immediately) or MM16(Schedule)

Regards

Ravo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the Steps for deleting a material master:

1) Flag material for deletion. transaction MM06

2) Run report MMREO001 - Selection of materials flagged for deletion and select the material

3) Run report MMREO050 Archive Materials to archive the material

4) Run report MMREO110 Deletion Program for Archiving Materials to delete the material from the database.

NB – The material must not have any recorded material movements.

Hope it wud have answered ur question

Reward if useful

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

can I create after deletion same material ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes u can create the same material after u have completed the process i have mentioned.

(The logic is tht if u have archieved and the material is still in the database then u cannot.)

So go ahead .

Reward if useful

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can mark it for deletion using transaction MM06, but the only way to truly delete master data is to archive it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Flag material for deletion. transaction MM06