cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME ABAP Error in Backend Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are having problems with an ABAP based UME on EP7. SSO is working and when we create users in R/3(ECC 6.0) we can immediately use them to log on to the portal. However, when we go to User Administration --> Identity Management on the portal we get an error "An error occured when initializing a backend service; contact your system administrator".

It does not seem to be the authorization of the SAPJSF user either as we have assigned the proper authorizations(SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION).

Because of this error we are not able to add portal roles to users. Hence, when we try to access the UME configuration under System Configuration it says that we are not authorized to access the UME Config Editor.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? I would greatly appreciate your inputs. Generous points will be awarded!

Here is a link to the screen shots:

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/xanderbmw/UMEerror.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks again!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member239282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

sounds like your UME access to ABAP has a few problems. Common mistakes are the SAPJSF user or missing sapms entries in the services file.

Try the UME Consistency Check tool, this tool helps you to remove logical inconsistencies in the UME database, the installation procedure and some extra information about “how to use” is mentioned on SAP Note 818947.

• if it helpful reward points are appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there. Thank you very much for your reply. However, we cannot access Identity Management because of the error, hence, I cannot add the portal role to my user to access the UME Consistency Check tool. If you will notice in the previous screenshot I cannot open the tool because I am not authorized. Is there a role that I can add on the R/3 end that will give my user access rights to the UME consistency check tool? Thanks again!