cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic extractor and an append structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

this system is driving me crazy. So, that's something worked in former times..

I created an generic extractor on VEKP. I have not restricted to any selection criteria or hide any field. The system generated the extractor and everything is fine. THEN I created an append on the generic extractor and put different fields inside the append. I want (and this works) to fill this different field via user exit for extraction. All field in the append are having the prefix ZZ, all field are characteristic and there is no inconsistency in the append. I activated the append.

AND NOW - none of the fields of the append is available in RSA6 to hide or none hide or do anything. They are not available. By checking with SE11 on the generated structure - all field including the append are there.

We are on ECC 5.0 with PI 2004.1 for 5.0 SP 10.

Can anyone help. As i told you, this worked in former times (with SAP 4.6C with PI 2004.1 or lower).

Regards

OJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, let me clarify one thing. You created the append on vekp, didn't you? If just enhanced the generated extract structure, it is not enough. Everytime you generate the datasource, the extract structure will be regenerated out of vekp and so your enhancement will be lost.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

I have not created an special Append on the VEKP. I created an generic extractor on the VEKP. All fields of VEKP are available and I can hide or choose selection-field for all of these fields. No problem.

i created an append on the extract structure via RSA6 - enhancement. I know that after generating the generic extractor with RSO2 all settings done in former times in RSA6 are lost. But, my problem is: <b>I can not see any of the fields I put into the append. They are not there.</b> Not in ROOSFIELD and following not in RSA6. And that's the problem.

Thanks for your support.

OJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for generic extractors the field list --> fields in roosfield -- is generated by the source, in your case vekp. That is why the fields are not there after the generation. I would suggest to add the new field to a append structure of vekp directly and create the generic ds on vekp again. The fields should show up then. Populate them via the user exit.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

create a little abap with the following code:

update roosfield set selection = space

where oltpsource = <name of your datasource>

and objvers = 'A'

and field = <name of your field>.

save and run the abap for each appended field.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

thanks for your fast answer. The problem is that the fields of the append are not gerenated in table ROOSFIELD. And this table is the basic for replication to BI. So, the fields are not available and the update in your coding does not work.

I know that maybe I could enforce the system by using modify to put the fields in ROOSFIELD. Are there any references to other ROOS.. tables?

Thanks

OJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BW OJ

have you written the code for populating these fields in CMOD...if not then first write and then activate, i guess then it should work

Thanks

Tripple k