Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function module error?

Karan_Chopra_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i have some code to be written in FM

but it contains subroutines and if i declare the definitions below code only then FM gives error

it asks for some include program

if i create some function group then it creates some include prog also but on activation gives error

how can i write a code with sub routines in FM

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shall we know the errors what you are getting while activation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have activated the function module group (ie) where you have written the subroutine definition. Then try to activate the FM. Error will come only if the include or function group is inactive which containes the subroutine.

Thanks,

Muthu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Include in the corresponding Function group of the function module and add the code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

After save the function module you need to <b>activate your function Group</b>.

Check whether Function group is activated or not.

If it is not activated means activate Function group and then activate the function module.

Thanks,

Reward If Helpful.

Karan_Chopra_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i created a FM

with function grp Z_VALIDATE

the following include got created lz_validatetop, lz_validateu01,lz_validateuxx

i moved sub routine def from Z_VALIDATE to lz_validatetop but on activating it is showing error of the fields in definition that they do not exist

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just write the code as if you are writing the report in lz_vlaidateu01. Later move the declarations to include top,if needed. Only thing you need to take care is when passing parameters.

Karan_Chopra_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

plz help