cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first BW proyect: tips and tricks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to everybody.

I am new working with BW. I am preparing the certified exam of BW because I am going to start in a BW project in November. I am very lost.

Can anybody help me?

Our customer have several medical centers and wants to implement a standard BW system with the BPS module in order to obtain statistics of purchase orders and invoices of every center.

We have been implemented the modules of

- FI (FI-GL, FI-AP, FI-AR, FI-BL, FI-AA, FI-FM, FI-TR)

- CO (CO-OM-CEL, CO.OM.CCA, CO-PA),

- MM (MM-CBP, MM-PUR, MM-IM, MM-IV, MM-IS)

- and SD.

Which standard infocubes can I use? Can I use Business Content?

Is there any "how to" or standard steps in order to implemente a standard BW system? Where can I find documentation about it?

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In general, almost 60 to 70% of customer reporting requirements gets satisfied by standard business content. All all the SAP modules, SAP does delivers standard business content which is readily available in SAP metadata repositiry.

Please go through the following link to check out Business Content (BC)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3d/5fb13cd0500255e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Steps in general are:

1) Activate the stabdard BC (Cubes, Reports....) based on your requirements in BW in T-code RSORBCT

2) Activate the relevant datasources (again can be found from the link above) in SAP R/3 T-code RSA5.

3) Building connection between BW and R/3 (T-code SM59)

4) Replicate Metadata in BW (this replicate all Datasource to be used from R/3 into BW)

5) Create Infopackage and load the data from R/3 to BW.

Hope this helps. If needmore information, please revert back

Regards

Pankaj

(many thanks if choose to assgin points)

Answers (0)