Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Load Transaction :Null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>I had created a transaction in BLS.

>Now when i try to open this transaction using Logic editor it gives me an Error: <b>Unable to Load Transaction :Null</b>

>I tried to rename and open the transaction but still got the same error.

>I am able to open the other transactions.

>My transaction size is 588 kb.Is this due to transaction size??

>Please advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raman

Too much size!! :-O.

Even if i din't create too big sized BLS in my project.

Anyway, though i din't face such case, since ur all other BLS is able to be opened whereas only that BLS is not opened. this must probably due to the BIG SIZE.

Can u pls check the size of other folders in <b>
<Server>\Lighthammer\Xacute</b> folder in which u save all ur created BLSs.

Overall, there must be a limit to carry BLS in xMII server, if this is so indeed, then y u can't create smaller BLS by removing unnecessary Action Blocks or something like those (Tracer etc) or break that BLS into smaller a few BLS and combine those by Transaction Call

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Som,

I exported the same transaction to some other xMII Server and tried to open but got the same error.

>Are there any chances that transaction file while opening may have got corrupted??

Hence resulting in this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raman

In the previous post i just told u that this seems error due to Too Big Size of the BLS.

One thing do check if or not u can open that BLS with XML Format in Xacute folder where all transactions are saved as .trx extension.

Then copy this file and paste. Delete the old one. Then try to open from Logic Editor

Regards

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect that you're trying to load/reference some other resource (query template, display template, reference document, XML document) that is not available on the "other" server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Som,

>I already tried opening it in Notepad and than saved it with other name but still got the same error.

> Also, I deleted the transaction, Copied it and renamed it.Still got the same error.

Rick,

I have two servers(Development and Production Server) and at both the places the landscape(Display tempale ,Query Template, XML Document) is same.

I dont see this as a possibility as the transaction is not trying to load/reference any other resource which is not available on the server.

0 Kudos

Raman,

If the transaction was Too Big for the editor then you would have gotten a Java Exception indicating that this was the case. With that said what is the allocated memory size set for ServletExec and how much is available on the machine?

The transaction you are dealing with is well within a valid size for the application as I've seen them even larger than this, although it is not Good Practice to do this. Try to be more modular in your future designs.

Most likely someone went in to manually edit the TRX and broke it's XML structure. If this is the case you are better off rebuilding the transaction instead of looking though all of the XML for the issue. Keep in mind that when rebuilding this transaction it's operation should be rearchitected to be more modular in nature. This will allow for quicker maintenace and more flexibility. Hope this helps.

-Sam