Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data from multiple system compunding to source id

praneeth_nimma
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement to host multiple Country SAP systems in one BW system. This requires compounding with an infoobject key on all the master data and I am using 0soursystem.

and found that this configuration is very cumbersome( time taking) we need it to be cost effective also.

Is there any other way of doing this and at the same time make the Data unique to the Country.

• note: one of the system is in production for 2 years now and loose that data.

Regards,

NPR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello NPR

Ya thats true that compounding slow downs the system performance but to differentiate the several system i guess we have only 0SOURCESYSTEM field...please check if there is anything else which is reducing the performance...may be routines or something in data flow

Thanks

Tripple k

praneeth_nimma
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are yet to implement this....

please let me know about the alternatives

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a) what about harmonizing master data over all systems and defining one system as the leading master data system?

b) While uploading the master data, do a concatenation of the key (material no. with the source system id or something similar)

c) assign a complete different key to the master data and post the original key to a nav. attr. and use the nav. attr. for reporting e.g. material 4711 --> change the key to 0001, post the original no. 4711 to a attr. called zmat_orig which is added as nav.-attr. to the attributes.

regards

Siggi