cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP content server, MAXDB or file system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to use SAP Content Server 6.40. We could not decide whether using maxdb or not. What are differences between storing documents via maxdb or file system? We are not very familiar with maxdb administration. So if there is no important differences (advantages, disadvantages), we prefer using file system solution.

Best Regards...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for all information. I think we should prefer maxdb because of performance reason. And i think it is easy to manage maxdb with database manager tool.

Best Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hande,

Yes you are right and all the best. If you close this question it will be useful for any new begginer.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hande,

the MAXDB is used as the RDBMS for the Content Server shipped by SAP. It communicates via the CS protocol, which is based on HTTP.

Meta-data for the documents are always stored in the db, e.g. document id. The document itself can be stored in or outside the db.

Personally, I always would store the documents inside the db, as this ensures data consistency. Only in cases, where you have very large documents (data archives of transaction SARA) , I would go for storing the documents in the file system of the content server.

If you find this answer helpful, don't forget to give some points ,-)

Regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/3d/ad5a974ebc11d182bf0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

tp attribute is an unique feature availabale and MaxDb administration is quite simple.

and also mAXDB installation comes as apackage along with installation DVD.No seperate setups n configurations are required.

You can really give it a shot,if ur installations are not in critical stages,where you don't want to take risk.

More information about mAXDB,you can refer this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/07/595f51b1889b478869e338198171b5/frameset.htm

reward points if helpful............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hande,

Max Db administration is very easy, Iam not sure about file system backup and regular activities. You can choose either of it not an issue.

Regards,

Hari.