Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Number range objec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I created a Number ranger object and using this number range object in my program to get number automatically.

The number starts from 1 as given in the number ranger interval but after 1 it skips 9 numbers and goes to 11,12, 13 so on.

why does this happen . how to resolve this issue.

In number range object I checked main memory buffering and given 10 for Numbers in buffer field.

Kindly help me resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sudheendra,

it looks like there are more application servers, and because of the buffering, you are logged on that app. server, which got the range between 11 and 20 (theb other app. server has 1 to 10.). Pls. read my post here, to get a more deeper understanding:

hope this helps

ec

5 REPLIES 5

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sudheendra,

it looks like there are more application servers, and because of the buffering, you are logged on that app. server, which got the range between 11 and 20 (theb other app. server has 1 to 10.). Pls. read my post here, to get a more deeper understanding:

hope this helps

ec

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry, forgot to mention, that turning off the number range buffering resolves this problem.

0 Kudos

Thanks Eric !!!

0 Kudos

Hi Eric

I removed the No of values in buffer and kept that field empty , but now it is jumping around 400 numbers . why does this happen.

Also let me know how to transport number range objects from DEV to QAS and then to PRD.

Does the number range interval also get carried as it is to QAS system on transporting the request? if yes then the current number will be the last number generated in DEV system . How to tackle this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos

hi,

about transport:

there are two things: the number range object and the interval. The interval you create <i>manually</i> in each system, after you transported the number range (if the system did not ask for transport request by creation automatically, than you have to put into request manually, in SE10 create a line in the request: R3TR NROB name_of_number_range_object).

buffering: you don't have to remove the number for buffering, but you have to turn off the buffering (you can do that from menu)!

ec