cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show only Indexes in Search Scope

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possbile to allow users to choose only Indexed in search scope.

I tried editing the Search Options set, there i found that I can enable and disable search scope, but whn search scope is enabled both the Indexes and folders are visible.

I want to show only Indexes to the user. How can I hide the folder options alone in the search scope?

Thanks and Regards

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

It is possible to achieve what you want, but it is using a totally undocumented feature that you cannot expect to work in the future.

You need to make the change in your search iview, not the search options set as one would expect. You find the search iview through the default framework page, you are using. When the editor for that page is open, open the properties dialogue for the tool area iview.

In order to remove the search in folders option from the standard search scope component, add the following entry under "KM search parameters" and "KM search advanced parameters without the ": "&EnableSearchFromFolder=false".

Kind regards,

Martin Søgaard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mr Martin,

That solved my problem

Regards

gEorgE

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of using the Search Options set in the KM Search iView, use the Search Component Set.

Create your own Search Component Set by going to <b>System Administration > System Configuration > Knowledge management > Content Management > User Interface > Search > Search Components</b>

While creating the Search Component Set, Specify <b>Component for Search Options</b> as <u>search_input_indexes</u>.

This should help you.

Or you could do the following.

In the Search Options set, Do the following.

1) Uncheck <b>Enable Search Scope Selection</b>.

2) Provide the various index names in <b>Search Index IDs (csv)</b>

The above option would by default search the selected indexes for the search term and would not provide the user with the functionality of searching in folders.

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

thanks for the reply.

First option , I am able to hide the folder selection, but the indexes are shown as drop down, my users shd be able to select multiple indexes for searching.

Second option, there is no option to select index at all.

Can u tell me how to change the dropdown having indexes into check box group?

Regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see a straight forward solution to this. However, you could create your own "Search Dialog box Component".

You might have to write your own java code based on the UI defined for Search component.

Pradeep.