cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Should there be gross weight and Net weight maintained for a configurable material?? will it hamper in the Sales Order creation if I dont maintain the same in the material master??

Thanks and regards,

Deepak Prasanna S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can remove the Gross weight and net weight inputs from the incompletiion log of the sales order type unless these values are effecting ur transactions in any way.

Regards

Chandra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

It is not relevant, unless those values are being used during Configuration to derive any other characteristics.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasobh,

Thank u for the clarification. The characteristics that i have maintained are length, thickness and width. Hence i suppose the gross weight and the net weight might be mandatory then. Pls advice.

Thanks and regards,

Deepak Prasanna S

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

I dont think it should really be mandatory, but not sure how and what for you are using this length, thickness and Width.

Why not try and let us know.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This basically is for a plant that sells Wooden planks for desired length mentioned in the Sales Order. But I'm unable to resolve the sales order incompletion log as it is not taking any gross weight and net wight I give.

Regards,

Deepak Prasanna S

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Have you maintained dependency with formula to drive the Gross weight based on the LxWxB entered?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasobh,

No there's no formula as such maintained. But still the S.O is incomplete without the Weights maintained.

Regards,

Deepak

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Proabably SD is also using Handling units and Transportation Planning for which this may be required so please maintain either in Sales order directly of in the Material Master Basic data view. But let me assure you this has nothing to do with Variant Configuration.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasobh,

I tried to save the Sale Order inspite of the incompletion log. The order was created and when i tried to access the same order with transaction VA02, and tried to view the incompletion log, the SB message says the document is complete. Any idea on what this problem could be??

Thanks and Regards,

Deepak Prasanna S

Note. I havent maintained any gross/net weight in the material master. gave some values in the sales order and saved the same!!!

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak,

I would suggest you take a step backward and then post this query to SD forum, let us see what they recommend. Sorry I am not able to move forward and help you out in this.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

As per the STD sale order it is mandatory to maintain the gross and net weights.

You had mentioned you are using VC for doing this scenario, but even it is mandatory to maintain gross and net weights.

Basically these weights are to be flushed from the material master basic data, as you are working on VC with characteristics you need to maintain a code/ syntax for the dimensions which could calculate/generate the weights.

I suppose you need to maintain a procedure for doing this and maintain tables and fields for getting it updated in appropriate fields.

Hope this can guide you