cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoSet vs Multiprovider Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have read some doc about Infoset and multiProvider. For more clear about them, I have find some scenario which should be use Multiproveider only (ex:plan/actual, slow moving product,..) but I can't find out which scenario we can use InfoSet only instead of Multiprovider. Anyone pls tell me to understand clearly about InfoSet. 10 points for helpful scenario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

InfoSets allows reporting on several InfoProviders by using combinations of InfoObjects (master data-bearing characteristics) and ODS objects via a join condition.

An InfoSet can have following join conditions

Inner Join

Left Outer Join

Inner join and left outer join are only different in the situation where one of the involved tables does not contain any suitable record which meets the join conditions.

Consider ODS object that contains a characteristic PLANT alongside key figures in its data part. In an InfoSet, a join between this ODS object and the characteristic PLANT is defined to enable the attributes of PLANT to be accessed in a report.

If an inner join is now used and if an ODS object record contains a value for PLANT for which they is no entry in the corresponding master data table, this record is not included in the results set. Correspondingly, the key figures of this record would not be considered.

If, on the other hand, a left outer join (ODS object left outer join PLANT) is used, the affected record is considered. However, in this case, all attributes of the (non-existent) characteristic PLANT are initial. Which behavior is correct depends on the type of the evaluation required. Both cases can make sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank for your anwser. This document I have read already, but I still not clear. In your case, can I use Multiprovider. May u tell me which reports we should use InfoSet instead of Multiprovider.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If i understand your requirement correctly you have two reports

1. Plan/Actual

2. slow moving items

to be just add what the experts have said earlier.

Infoset is a Join where as Multiprovider is a Union.

in your scenario you have to use Multiprovider for Plan and actual

Infoset for Slow moving items by doing left outer join.

while doing the slow moving items queries you have to include the Master data table (infoobject) and the Infoprovider into the infoset so that you can clearly get the idea which items were not been affected in the transactions for quite a long time.

thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank for your answer, but slow moving product report still can use multiprovider, this is the SAP scenario http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3a/d1603d13b5c72ee10000000a114084/content.htm. Pls tell me another example. i need a report only can use infoset or if you use infoset it will be better multiprovider

Regards.

former_member228339
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

i may slove problem to some extent ... go thru some blogs..

hopes.....