cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating PR based on Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to create Service PR based on service Contract,Whether PR will allow that one.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member514355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra Mohan,

Steps:

1) Create service contract with Item category:D.(ME31K)

2) Maintain mandatory fields.

3) Save and note the contract number.

4) Create PR(ME51N). Add from overview screen or enter the contract number in the outline aggrement coloum.

5) System copies data from Contract and 'SAVE'

Pls check and reply

Regards,

Viru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Viru

I did the same thing as what you mentioned,Still it is not taking,Kindly tell me what to do further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra, what error message throw the system?

Thanks in advance

Rosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rosa

No error message is coming.

Is iin Standard SAP is tis option is available,Let me know what we have to do in configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether the contract dates are valid. Also, you might want to create a Source list and mark it as fixed.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check you have set all customizing e.g. documet type ,number range etc

BR

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

kindly tell me clearly what we have to check in SPRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra, if your document type for PR is NB you have to go to transaction OMEB and select document type NB, click on Link purchase requisition - document type, in this section you have document type for contract that you are using.

If you want to create a new document for contracts you have to go to transaction OMEF and create a new document type, for number ranges transaction OMH6 help you

I hope that this information help you

Thanks in advance

Rose

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Purchase requisition is an internal document to inform the requirments of the department.

We <u>cannot create</u> a PR with reference to a contract.

But we can fix the source of supply as the contact by specifying the contract document number in "agreement" field of source of suppy item tab in PR.

Thanks

SS

former_member1191447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi...

Actually there is no need to make a PR when a contract exists.

Contract itself signifies that you have agreed with vendor to provide material or service for a particular time period.

So a PO is to be made based on this contract. Anytime you feel the need of procuring material or service you have to make PO w.r.t this contract.

Regards,

Nandan Upasani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel Nandan is right, We can not create PR in refference to Contract ands the vice versa is possible.

Kiran

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran and Nandan,

We can very much create PR with referance to contract

Please check practically and take proper responsibility for what we are answering

Best Regards

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I checked up in SPRO the PR dcoument type is linked to contract,but Indicator for the below is marked " Indicator: Contract release order/SA delivery schedule".Do i need to Unmark the indicator,So that i can create PR with reference to Contract,

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no interlinking of that check box the said check box is weather you can create release order against perticular doc type if it is used for SA/CON

BR

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

As configuration is ok,Still i could not Adopt contract to the PR,let me know how to solve the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra,

When you create a valid contract that match the PR material and plant, then you should be able to adopt the contract when using ME57 or ME56 , you can trial it, by change the PR then in the source of supply tab, try to add the aggrement number and item,then check it, if its ok, than it should be no problem.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked with my system and its perfectly working and created pr againast value contract WK with item cat as D and a/c assignment cat as K

Have you maintained services in srvice number text field with proper UOM

Please inform where exactly you are having problem with what error message you are getting

Please infrom step by step what you are donig

BR

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

1.) I created an Value contract for service with item catergory :- D & Account assignment as "U"

2.)Using T.code :- me51n & using document overview screen i got the contact number,But when i adopt that or trying to put in basket it is not working.

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There you are you are creating a contract with account assignment category as

unknown and trying to generate PR out of it how it will work

Bcoz system has to book these service expenses to some account how will it allow you to create PR please select account assignment category as K (cost center) assign cost and G/L account you PR will get saved

Hope this will resolve your issue

BR

Diwakar

Reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

In my scenario i have more than 50 plants,So each time i need to assign different cost center when i create PR,that why i Put U in Value contract.

Is there any solution for above scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra, you have the contract in the document overview, please select number contract and then press button adopt in this section (document overview).

I don´t understand what happened because I can do this without problems

Rose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rose

I did the same thing what u have mentioned but it is not adopting.

I have created Value based contract with cost center "U" & item catergory "d"

& try to create PR with reference to Contract.