cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chart of Depn and Rate of Depn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 Co Codes are already using the same Chart of Depn ( CHN). Now another Co Code needs to be configured with same Chart of Depn (CHN) but with different % depn rate in asset classes?

How can it be done?? Can somebody please advice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only u need to do is to create separate depreciation keys for this company codes asset.

regards\

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi,

You suggested to create seperate Dep.Keys for the New c.code Assets but

where we have to define these Dep.keys for this new C.code in the Existing Chart of Depreciation.

could you please suggest...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The path is

SPRO > Financial Accounting > Asset Accounting > Depreciation > Valuation Methods > Depreciaton Key

regards

M

former_member193516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just add the company and create additional depreciation keys as required.

you could copy from the existing keys but need to change the percentage rates.

Look into transaction AFAM and underlying transactions. Butbe careful not to change working settings. Best to test in sandpit first.

Hein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

My question is when we create new Dep key then we have to assign it in Default Values for Asset Classes. In this already previous C.codes percentages are defined. If I would like to define in current C.code what could be the procedure? If I changed in this Defailt Values for Aset Classes it would be effect for existing C.codes. where I can define the Country specific % for the Same Chart of Depreciation(CHN)?

Could you please suggest me...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can make the changes in the asset master data for depreciaton key.

& You don't have to make the default values for depreciaton key in this case.

regards

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make the default value blanc (or not) and use a validation OACV with the allowed depreciatin key for that company. When the deafult is in all situations the same you can use a substituion (OACS).

When you have only some asset classes you can create new ones with default values.

PAul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

Can you please suggest which T.code I should use to change Master data in SPRO. otherwise please give me path so that I can proceed.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the tcode AS02 in Depreciation area tab page u can make the changes for depreciation key if not displayed while change in Field status group.

Regards

Meenakshi