Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts related to real time Secnario ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have few doubts pertaining to real time XI development scenario :

It seems that we need to develop around 16-17 interfaces each containing around 3-5 scenarios.

How to proceed..:-

1. Should i go for creating different Products and Different Software Component Versions ?

2. 1 Product and different SWCV ?

3. 1 Product and 1 SWCV under which different scenarios under different namespaces ?

Let me also know how this will effect Transportation of XI objects from DEV to QA ?

Which is the best approach for transportation considering the time constraints...

Points will be rewarded as per the response..:-)

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

If all of your interfaces belongs to same poject, then:

1. Create only one Product

2. Create only one SWCV

3. Create different namespaces for different objects in the above SWCV

By doing as mentioned above will help you while transporting your objects form DEV to QA and also will be easy to handle.

For trnspoting the obects from one system to another simple and less time consuming is:

1. Export your objects from DEV and it will be saved as ".tpz" files.

2. In the QA system put these files in the appropriate directory and then in the

IR--> Tools--->Import objects

Regards,

Sarvesh

****Reward Points, if found helpful.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to get your ans just go through the below blog:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

Also Check these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f85ff411-0d01-0010-0096-ba1...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e1/69a740aa053a13e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b8d8f7b2-0701-0010-b09a-cda4cca2...

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

Regards,

Sarvesh

Message was edited by:

Sarvesh Singh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The decision on no of Products and SWC depends upon the complexiteis and categorization of ur business processes. If u think that the business processes are very different, unrelated and can be categorized on a broader level, then go for 1 Product and different SWCV. But if the type of Business processes are similar, then gor for 1 Product and 1 SWC.

If u r thinking about file system transport then 1 SWC is easy to transport. The complexity varies from single SLD to multiple SLDs.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks...,

-->Which is the best approach for transportation considering the time constraints...

Any suggestion..on this..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project we are doing as mentioned below, it is simple and less time consuming.

For trnspoting the obects from one system to another system.

1. Export your objects from DEV and it will be saved as ".tpz" files.

2. In the QA system put these files in the appropriate directory and then in the

IR--> Tools--->Import objects

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi folks...,

>

> -->Which is the best approach for transportation

> considering the time constraints...

>

> Any suggestion..on this..

>

> Regards,

If you haven't got CMS configured, use FTP!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

3rd option.

1product 1SWCV and under that different namespace.If possible u can do similer objects/interfaces under same namespace.

regards

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would go with the 3rd option

1 Product and 1 SWCV under which different scenarios under different name spaces.

This will lead to ease of transportation as well as logical separation amongst different things of a same project.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Definitely under time constraints

1 product 1 swcv and different namespaces

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I am totally agree with sarvesh.In my project also we have implemented more than 20 objects under the same SWCV.similer type of scenarios u can implement in the same namespace.u can understand the advantage during the transporation.

U can also use different SWCV.But i have seen in most the projects ...minimal no. of SWCV s are used.Using namespace diffrent interfaces are indentified.

Regards

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

In my project we have followed sceanrio wise.Its better to create the Individual prodcuts and one SWCV for each product.

Product(One Product for each sceanrio)

--SWCV (One SWCV for each Sceanrio)

-

Namespace( Diff.Namespaces for each interface)

It would give the clarity to all in development & Quality too.

Cheers

Veera

>>> Reward Points if it is needful.