Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discription of each service not displayed in Overview page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on EP 7.0 and ECC 6 , ESS/MSS 1.0

In the Overview page of ESS, where we have all the services listed and the corresponding information about what each service is meant for is given ...

We are unable to find the discription there. This all happened when we started disabling some unwanted links(service).

Need your help on this.

Thankyou,

NR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

The description for the services links in the overview page is given in the spro in the subsection Homepage Frmaework->Areas->Define Areas.

Choose Add Entries, then select each Area key, e.g. Career & Job.

the description, which is given in the Area Description(Summary) section appears on teh overview page.

The descriptiopn in the Area Description section appears as the header for that service's main page.

Hope that helped.

Kshitij Bahadur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kshitij ,

Thnks for your mail. I will have a try on this and let u know.

I have a short question, what could be the reason for the description , missing after we disbaled some unnecessary link in Overview page.

I would kike to know the reason for it bcoz , i didnt make any changes in the Area , what made them disappear.. ?

Thnk you,

NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NR,

I can answer you better if you tell me exactly how you broke the links.

If you have to remove the links for the Areas(broad categories) from the ESS overview page, you should go to Assign Areas to Area group pages->Find wentries, and just delete the entry for column Position. e.g. make the entry for position against EMPLOYEE_CAREER as blank, instead of 5.

That would have done the trick, rather than deleting the entire row.

Also, please get an understanding of how the Resources, header, Area, Subarea and services are hierachically arranged.

Another alternative to customizing the standard ESS page is to create an EP role of your own(if you need just a small percentage of standard functions), and add the standard WDJ iviews as delta links to your role. This gives you a greater flexibility. To create an overview page just like the standard page, use a WorksetMap iview.

Kshitij.