cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order GR to quality inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The GR for the production order is by default to the unrestricted stocks. What if I want to make this default as quality inspection stock and not to unrestricted stocks.

Manually I can make this in the individual production order. But how to make this possible for each order by default?

Sumeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

Here are the stps you need to do :

Scenario: You need to do GR Inspection for Production Order

Master data needed : Material Master,BOM, W/C, Routing

2 Master Insp. Characteristics – for 04 Insp. types

Inspection Plan for 04 Inspection Type

Steps :

1. MM01 : Create Finished Material

In QM View in Material Master :

Click Insp. setup

Assign insp. Type 04 - GR Insp. for order, by selecting new insp. Types.

Ensure both as active plans, by ticking the active indicator.

2.Create BOM, W/Cs

3.Goto QS21 (OPTIONAL), create Master Inspection characteristic for In-process inspection (03)

Give Status as Released and Complete copy model for MIC

Select Quantitative characteristics and tick the relevant indicators i.e., in this case Lower specific limit, Upper specific limit and Check Target value.

Press Enter

It’ll prompt you for entering lower, upper and target values for the MIC ,

Enter the values.

SAVE

Similarly create another MIC with tcode QS21, for GR Inspection for Order (04)

SAVE

4.GOTO QP01 – Create Inspection Plan with status – Released (4) and Usage – Production (1)

-Click operations, Create Insp. Operation and give the control key as QM01

- Select the inspection operation and click on the insp. Characteristics, assign the MIC you`ve created for GR Inspection type(04) and press enter. All the characteristics will be copied.

SAVE

5.GOTO CO01 – Create Production Order Manually

(Or create from PIR, SO etc.., )

6.Release Production Order

7.GOTO MIGO – GR for Production order (Not needed if you set the indicator AUTOGR)

Check in where tab : give storage location

Ensure item ok indicator is ticked

Post (SAVE)

Now the inspection lot gets generated as you post the goods for GR Inspection for Production order.

8.GOTO MMBE – You can observe that the stock is posted to Insp. Stock automatically

9.GOTO QA32 – Inspection lot selection

Give Material and Plant , Execute

Select your inspection lot line, and select result recording.

{Incase, if it is not allowed to record results, GOTO QE02, give insp. Lot and select Change Insp. Lot Icon, give the relevant task list usage in the Inspection specification Tab and press TASK LIST button and then SAVE}

Give inspected quantity and target value that is checked

SAVE

You can find in QA32, that the status is changed to INSPECTED

Now again select the insp. Lot in QA32 and goto Usage decision,

Give UD as A – for accept and Quantity to be moved to unrestricted use stock

SAVE

REFRESH

10.GOTO MMBE

Now you can observe that the stock is posted to Unrestricted use.

Reward is useful and close the thread.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet ,

Your requirement is not clear.

If you want to post material in quality inspection at the time of goods receipt,in 'quality management' view of material master tick 'post to inspection stock' ,also perpare inspection set up for it,foe that assign inspection type '04' to it.

With this settings material at the time of goods receipt will go to 'quality inspection stock' default.Of course at the time of goods receipt,you can cange it to 'Unrestricted stock or block stock 'manually.

Hope it is clear to you.For any query,revert

Regards,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check it with giving the inpection type (in quality inpection), in the order type parameter setting (tc : OPL8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the quality insepection view for this and in that maintain insepction type 04 and make it active so all the GR will go to quality.

regards

ramakant

former_member646433
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet Vaidya

To post production stock in quality inspection stock you want to active the quality management in that material master click on insp.Setup in that select the insp. type 04-Goods receipt inspection from production in that click on post to insp stock so that every time when you conforms the order the stock go to insp stock.

Hope this will help you and rewards with suitable point.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

thanks for your reply.

But I have a issue in this. When I do select the "type 04-Goods receipt inspection from production " the type 03-Inprocess Inspection" gets deactivated.

What if i want both these type allowed for a particular material?

Is it possible?

Sumeet

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumeet,

For a material any number of Inspection Types can be activate, an Inspection Type can be deactivate Manually only and automatically it does not happen.

Probably I think you are getting confused looking at the "Selected" check box which appears in the left or first column of the screen when displaying Inspection setup of a specific type.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasobh,

You were right. When the check box was getting deselcted when i selected GR-inspection, I thought i wont be able to do inprocess inspection along with GR inspection.

Is it that I can always check the inprocess inspection for all operations and even if I do check the final operation as inprocess, after GR i will find the stock in QA stock.

If it is so it will help me a lot.

Please revert back.

Thanks

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumeet,

I am not an expert in this area, but I think you can have Inprocess Inspection for all operation, and when doing GR Lot can be posted to QI stock with Inpection lot.

Regards,

Prasobh

<b>Rewarding Points to useful answers motivates posting replies.</b>