cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a scenario where the employee Timesheet data is available in SQL server. The same data has to be passed into SAP.

Basically the data from SQL has to be passed into BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_CHANGE. This Function module will update the SAP Table called CATSDB.

Now i am in confusion about getting data from SQL server to XI. Here i can define SQL as a Third Party Business system in SLD.

But i want to know how exactly the data will flow from sql to xi....?

Can anyone explain me about this issue?

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is a JDBC to RFC Scenario.

Thanks

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

I have few more doubts in this JDBC-XI-RFC scenario.

Now the data availabole in legacy system are as follows...

Employee number, Working Date, Project Id, Activity Id, Hours spent, Remarks (Text).

Now i have to map the same fields in SAP database.

I can create the employee number in the sap. The same employe number from legacy have to be mapped in SAP.

But can anyone throw some light to know more about the Databse tables in which such details can be updated...????

And even is there any proper Function Module (BAPI) available to cater this need....??????

Please help me....

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hey I dont think any such BAPI or RFC is readily available. But you can create a simple RFC which takes these values Employee number, Working Date, Project Id, Activity Id, Hours spent, Remarks (Text). as inputs. Take these values from SQL and pass them to RFC which will update the SAP tables.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Monika...

But which database table should i update with these set of data?

can you help me...???

Thanks again....

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you create a RFC you will also create a table with it in ABAP.The RFC will enter values in this particular table.It will be a user defined table which will be made by you with the fields you specified in the previous post.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Will be working as per your guidance...

Regards

Pavan

Message was edited by:

Pavan Sanganal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Get back if you arent clear with something

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I would be happy to share one of my blog which clearly explains the JDBC Adapter functionality.

This blog speaks about the JDBC - JDBC step by step instruction. I hope that your questions on SQL -> XI will be solved.

<b>Here is the link</b>:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/jdbcTOJDBC&

Thanks

Srini

Message was edited by:

Srinivas Vanamala

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a detailed theoritical understanding you can go through this

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/19/rdbms-system-integration-using-xi-30-jdbc-senderreceiver-adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Itz is a normal JDBC - XI - SAP scenario.

In the <b>jdbc adapter configuration</b> u specify the either the <b>select query / execution of the stored procedure</b> that will pull the data from sql server and then pass it xi from there for target system.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>