Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on copy control especifically between returns order and orig. invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good day.

I have this issue that I have been trying to solve. It is with regards to the copy control wherein I am creating a returns order referencing it from the original invoice so item and its values can be refunded. Before this, I had an issue with one of my pricing conditions which is duty wherein it has base its calculations in LAL where it should be in HL (hectolitre) hence, the effect is an incorrect calculations and output for duty price; and because of this, I have also changed the UOM conversion of the material involved. Since order till billing is already created, I have tried to reverse the previous documents by creating a returns order (referenced to original invoice previously created) and returns credit. But I have encountered an issue upon doing the returns order. The returns order I have created, did not copy the exact amount of duty that was in the original invoice. I have already checked the configurations, and saw that the copy control between returns order and invoice is properly configured. May I ask as to why it did not copy the exact amount from the original invoice?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Kindest regards,

Lem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lemily

Instead of creating a return order, why dont you to cancel invoice VF11 and reverse PGI VL09 and delete the sale order.

After doing all the above exercise, try to create a new order and check whether the UoM is flowing as per your requirement.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

Good day. Thank you for your reply on my query.

Unfortunately I cannot use that option since accounting document has been created and cleared and postings has already been made. Isn't returns order should work as it was referenced to original invoice? I am wonddering as to why it did not copy exact values from the invoice.

Thanks so much.

Kindest regards,

Lemily

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Limily

In normal course, if you create a return order with reference to billing, definitely it will copy all the details including item, quantity billed, unit rate and net value.

But since in your case you are confirming that you have created the return order by referencing the original invoice and value is not tallying due to change in UoM, I feel that you can restore the UoM as in the original billing document and create the return order.

Once you complete all these process, you can change the master data again.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi G. Lakshmipathi,

Thank you so much for your help. Just one last question, so are you saying that it will not copy the exact amount from billing once the master data is changed?

Thank you so much and have a nice day.

Kindest regards,

Lem

Answers (0)