cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

For variant configuration,we use header material type as KMAT&planning stratergy 25.

I have following doubts about vaiant configurations.

1)Wheather can we use repetitive manufacturing for variant configuation scenario ?

In repetitive manufacturing we have to define atleast one production version while in variant configutration,we have superBOM&superrouting,no specific production version.

2)Also can we use planning stratergy 40 for KMAT material?If yes,how BOM &routing will be exploded from superBOM&super task list?

Regards,

Shailendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We can use VC with REM. U can assign strategy 25 or 81 and use the Make to order REM profile and backflush using the sales order or planned order.

If u use 81 the advantage is that u need not run the MRP for a planned order, as it is created automatically.

the system will backflush the quantites according to the sales order.

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Which production version is to be maintained in material master in REM?What about costing?Pl. elaborate.

Regards,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Which production version is to be maintained in material master in REM?What about costing?Pl. elaborate.

Regards,

Shailendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The same BOM that is the super BOM has to be allocated to the production Version.

Regarding costing, I am not sure but the settlement has to be done against the sales order.

Chandra

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shailendra,

If the business process is suiting REM and only concern is final product configurable, then I would suggest you to go fro Hybrid. i.e you can go for REM till Subassembly stage and for Final Sellable product alone Discrete with Configuration.

So what I intend to say is that REM is not possible for a Configured Product, and alternate can be as suggested by me.

Planning Stratgey 40 cannot be used, as this strategy/requirement type/requirment class derived <b>does not allow Configuration</b>. If you are looking for a combination of MTS and MTO type of scenario in configuration then please have a look at using strategies 56, 89.

Regards,

Prasobh