cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about delivering plant proposal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am little bit confused. I saw a material says that delivering plant is determined by following sequences:

1. sold-to party's customer-material info record

2. ship-to party customer master data

3. material master

but from my testing, system doesn't take into account customer-material info record. I tried customer-material info record both with sold-to party and ship-to party.

Do I miss something or is the material incorrect?

Thanks for your reply.

Gunadi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gunadi

When creating a Sales Order, the system first determines the Delivering Plant in the sequence from the following source:

1) Customer-material info record

2) Customer Master

3) Material Master.

On determining the Delivering plant, the system determines the shipping point with the customising that you do in Logistics Execution > Shipping > Basic Shiping Funct > Shipping point and Goods Recieving Point Determination > Assign Shipping points :

Here you enter the Shipping point to be determined for the combination of:

a) Shipping Condition (which is assigned in the customer master or Salesdocument type)

b) Loading group (which is assigned in the material master)

c) Delivering Plant (which has already been determined)

As regards storage location the same is determined in the delivery from the combination

1) Shipping Point

2) Delivering Plant

3) Storage condition.

Hope the above has clarified your querries.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Lakshmipathi,

but in our system, I still can't propose the plant from customer-material info record.

This makes me confused.

Regards,

Gunadi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gunadi

Do you mean to say that you dont know where to see the delivering plant for Customer / Material combination. If so, goto VD52 and give the required data like customer code, Sales Org, Dist. Channel and Material and execute the report.

Now select the left block before the "Material No", so that that line item will be blocked with yellow colour. Press the blue lens on top left or press "F2". Here under the tab "Shipping", you can see "Plant". If you give the plant here, system proposes first this field in the SO.

Hope to have clarified your query.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created customer-material info record with a shipping plant defined inside, my problem is system doesn't propose this plant in VA01.

it's weird.

Regards,

Gunadi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gunadi

Check in Material Master "Sales: sales org 1", whether the plant is entered in "Delivering Plant". If not, give your plant here and try VA01.

I think this should solve your problem.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply. I found the pb. I didn't assign the plant I entered in customer-material info record to sales org and distribution channel (OVX6).

Now it can purpose the plant from customer-material info record.

Thanks again for your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunadi,

Did you check in VOV8 of your order type whether tick is there for customer material indo record,If we tick there then only it reads the customer material info record.

Regards

Narayana

Answers (0)