cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration multiple Level selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pp Guys,

In my previous project varient configuration was single level . That's working fine.

Ex: Header Car

Item Engine

For Assembling car ENGINE must be ISUZU or Matador .

This is working fine no doubt about that..

Now the scenario is header is same and item also same But after selecting Isuzu or Matador one more option are there.

That may be 3 cylinder or 4 cylinder. How to do that and in sales order first selection should be Engine and then item selection must be cylinder. any one can guide me.

Thanks in Advance,

S.Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Create a char value hierachy as below

Char name - Enginetype

Values - ISUZU and MATADOR

select ISUZU line and click on next hierachy node, in which you give the following values

ISUZU 3 : ISUZU- 3 cylinder

ISUZU-4 : ISUZU - 4 cylinder

You can define dependency for each value

same for MATADOR

MATADOR 3 : MATADOR- 3 cylinder

MATADOR-4 : MATADOR - 4 cylinder

Advantage in this is you can see the hierachy and select properly.

Another option is as below

Create a char called cylinder and values as below

assign it to same product class, class type 300.

in the cylinder char

In the values give a precondition that if engine type MATADOR is selceted, then select only MATADOR 3 : MATADOR- 3 cylinder and MATADOR-4 : MATADOR - 4 cylinder.

Hence user will chose one of this where you have maintained the dependecny to selcet the BOm item.

I hope it is clear to you, if required,pl come bck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for ur reply, Second method what u are mentioned over here i know that, For method first can u provide any screen shot to my mail id. Because that will be very useful for me, my email.id: sureeshsubramani@gmail.com.

Otherwise i want know how many object dependencies i should create.

Thanks,

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

DESCRIBED AS BELOW

YOU NEED TO HAVE 4 DEPENDENCIES

same for MATADOR

hence totally 4 Object dependency you need to create, my assemptuion is you have 4 bom item as below

ISUZU- 3 cylinder

ISUZU - 4 cylinder

MATADOR- 3 cylinder

MATADOR - 4 cylinder

sent the docs.-SEE THE DOCS AND COME BACK

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a word of caution. The Engine Type (ISUZU and MATADOR) and the Number of Cyclinders ( 3 or 4) are 2 unique properties describing the engnie. What happens if you would add Toyota and Honda and also add 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder. Would you then want to creat a separate characteristic for each possible combination. Now we add more Engine Types and more Number of Cylinders and add more combinations. It would be much easier to create 2 separate characteristics, one for the Engine Type and one for the Number of Cylinders. You may have further characteristics which may be dependent on just the Engine Type or the Number of Cyclinders, which would make your Selection Conditions and Preconditions longer than what they would need to be by creating a characteristic for each possible combination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra has you on the correct path. It appears that either the 3 cylinder or 4 cylinder is an option for both ISUZU and MATADOR. Create an Additional Characterstic for CYLINDER with the Characteristic Values of either 3 or 4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

IS the selection of 3 cylinder and 4 cylinder possible for both the engines or is this selection independent of the engines?

Please clarify so that I can give u some suggestion accordingly

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

One thing u can do is assing multiple value in the charactstics of Engine and include the values as Isuzu , Matador,3 cylinder,4 cylinder. so that when charactrstics engine appears then it will show u all values and u can choose multiple values. Hope this will solve ur prob. As i know once u assing as multiple or sinlge value selection in charactartistics then u can not change this selection.

regards

ramakant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, But library is suggesting don't prefer multiple value as well as if u select multiple value. While creation sales order it will come radio button only not multiple selection for that depency. This is as per my knowledge.

Regards,

S.Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If u tick multiple value in basic data in value assignment in charactristics then it will allow u to select multiple values.

another way is to create one more charactristics which include the 3 cylinder and 4 cylinder. For ex Engine contains u values like matadoor then below that one charactristic will be there like Nos of cylinder it will have the value 3 or 4.

regards

ramakant

former_member646433
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi suresh subramanian

This done by using Dependencies in Super BOM

Go through following link

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm</a>

Hope this will help you and reward with Points

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur guidence. But i want partically experienced people suggestion, about this scenrio.

Regards,

S.Suresh.