cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know what a BW consultant does in a full life cycle implementation. Does he has any special role to make a business blue print ( if some one has it plz mail it to anil_vemu@yahoo.com)and make some documentation? I just know what is production support which comes after Going Live. I would like to know what happens before going live and the roles of a BW consultant

Thanks in advance. Points will be rewarded for the suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anil,

The role of a BW consultant in a full lifecycle implementation will be to implement the phases of the ASAP methodology.

A SAP BW consultant is supposed to involve from the requirement gathering phase through all the phases till golive and production support. Business blue print is the document which gives the idea to the client as well as the consultant about how the system is going to be.

In production support the role of the consultant will be creating scheduling and errorhandling of the back ground process and jobs based on the requirements of the client. Contineously review and implement the changes that are required in the regular process. supporting the users. Monitor the data loads from different applications and take necessary corrective actions.

Regards,

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anil,

Please don't cross post this question too much and stcik to the BW forums for this subject. I'm sure you will get a proper answer over there.

Eddy