cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any tell me how can i study all these?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good in Business Process/Functional Areas Requirements, GAP Analysis, Design, Configuration, Development, Testing, Deployment, Planning & Executing Data Conversion & User Training.

Exposure to ASAP methodology, rollouts & upgrades.

Does all these come under Business Process Management?ASAP is one SAP implementation methodologies?Please tell me in detail.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi:

This is a standard SAP Technical Analyst Requirement. They are looking for someone with good Software Lifecycle Experience (probably about 5 years) and some SAP experience (probably about 2 to 3 years).

These do not entirely fall in Business Process Management. Rather SAP and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Knowing Business Processes though is not essential, is important since this requirement is asking for an experienced candidate. A candidate experienced in SDLC would definitely be knowledgable in at least certain business processes and functional areas.

GAP Analysis is a step we perform in order to determine what functionalities or technicalities are readily available as a standard (off the shelf) feature in the software tool being used and those features that are not available as a standard feature. Those features that are not standard will need additional work to customize the standard features to meet business requirements.

ASAP is a SAP recommended methodology for implementing SAP solutions. It is a very good and popular methodology although I believe many major corporations have developed their own SDLC methodologies from their own growing experience over the years and do not want to change their existing methodologies. Typically the companies that use ASAP methodology are those that have hired SAP or one of the Big consulting firms to implement SAP solutions.

Rather than explain everything in detail in this message, I would direct you to type in each of those requirements in google SDN and wikipedia and find out for yourself from the wealth of resources available online. There are so many excellent articles and resources available that I would not be able to do justice trying to explain myself. It will take time to sift through lots of material but it will definitely be worth your time.

Good luck on your preparation and welcome to the world of SAP. It is an incredible journey and I am sure you are going to love it.

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopi,

All the terms are related to SAP.

I will suggest you to visit http://sap-img.com/.

It will give you the overview of all the modules in SAP.

Moreover there is a separate section of FAQs with answers which will help you in great deal.

You can also go for a small search on SDN SD forum and it will help you to answer your queries.

Hope this helps you.

Do award points if you found them useful.

Regards,

Rakesh