0 Kudos

Hi,

I implemented a repository manager by extending

com.sap.netweaver.bc.rf.mi.AbstractManager

,which provides functions like

startUpImpl()

and

shutDownImpl()

My question is, when I remove an instance of it in <i>System Admin</i> - <i>System Configuration</i> - <i>Knowledge Management</i> - <i>Content Management</i> in EP, what function in the Repository Manager is called?

Function shutDownImpl() is not called when the instance is removed, but is called when EP is stopped.

Thanks,

Ray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

com.sap.netweaver.bc.rf.mi.AbstractManager

has as well the method

public final void stop()

Description:

This method is only called once during the life-time of a component. It is called by the CRT when the component was removed from the configuration or the system shuts down. A stopped component can not be (re)started. After a shutdown the component instance will be finalized by the Java VM as soon as no other components in the system holds a reference to it.

Best Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for reply, but stop() is final method, I cannot override it to add my processing. Any workaround?

Thanks,

Ray

former_member189326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The shutdown method is probably the right place for what you're trying to do (what are you trying to do?).

I'd open a support ticket with SAP - or contact me directly with your sources - and let us have a look at this. I've seen repository managers linger after being removed from the configuration before.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ray - as far as I'm informed this method should be called either when the RM is removed from configuration or when the portal is shut down. Are you sure it's not being called?