cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reconciliation and check and restore former reconciliation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The functions manage previous reconciliation and check and restore former reconciliation still misterious to me especially its application in specific company like us.

Please give me detail explanation. Tks.

Rgds,

MC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

These are the answers :

manage previous reconciliations:

Manage Previous Reconciliations Every reconciliation procedure is assigned a unique reconciliation number for audit trail and management. For system reconciliations the reconciliation number is negative. For user reconciliations (those done using the Reconciliation window) the reconciliation number is positive. The Manage Previous Reconciliations window allows you to adjust user reconciliations only. You can select reconciliations by account, reconciliation date, and reconciliation number, and then cancel them individually, or cancel them and redo the manual reconciliation. You can also specify a range of business partners or G/L accounts to be displayed.

Other definition

The Manage Previous Reconciliations function allows you to adjust user reconciliations. You can select reconciliations by account, reconciliation date, and reconciliation number, and then cancel them individually, or cancel them and perform a new, manual reconciliation (redo). This function does not allow you to reverse reconciliation postings. The postings still exist even though the reconciliation has been canceled. If you want to reverse these postings, you must reverse them in the general ledger in the usual way by choosing Data --> Cancel in the journal entry display.

Check and Restore Former Reconciliations.

Function: to cancel all the reconciliations (system reconciliations and user reconciliations) for an account that contains errors if a reconciliation has produced data inconsistencies.

Other use:

To display all the manual reconciliations made in the past

I suggest to take SAP B1 training in your local SAP branches or download related files from SAP service market place.

Rgds,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

Manage Previous Reconciliation OR Check and Restore Previous Reconciliation as it states is only used when some of the reconcilation that you did was incorrect and you would like to change the reconciliation.

As I have seen this situation mainly happenns when you used Automatic reconciliation based on value or reference and the system matched the wrong transactions OR sometimes user errors in reconciling a transaction which are later found.

Suda