and practical use. Tks

Rgds,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am sure you saw it in the sales quotation type field. It is only relevant to use in the sales quotation. The use of alternative item is that to suggest alternatives to a customer's request. That enables you to add alternative items to a sales quotation. I could suggest you to check it in the helpfiles.

Rgds,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

Its your call finally, you should also check Jimmy's answer to your other post

"Batch no. manual creation in return ".

I really don't know what to say when I see those answers .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

I know you are disappointed but I am sorry sometimes the answer from you seems too many and not relevant to my issue but I'll keep on watching our answer. As I said this forum gives us the freedom to give point to anyone not focused on one person only.

You actually are no. 1 here as I've seen you have posted many answers although your total points still belows Jimmy's.

MC

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Just Curious, are you related to Jimmy in anyway.

Seems you like his answers more than more though they do not make any sense to me at all..

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

I am still studying your answer, but as soon as it is more relevant to my problem, I will unassign the point I've made to Jimmy. Tks for your correction.

Rgds,

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark,

The basic purpose of defining alternate items is to enable providing an alternative choice of Items in case the Item the Customer is calling for is not in stock or is unavailable at that time.

Alternative items are defined by item and you can build a hierarchy of alternative items by defining alternatives to the alternatives.

Inventory > Item Management > Alternate Items

An alternate item can be selected for any item (provided you have defined alternates using the above given link) when creating sales and purchasing documents. It is available in a QUOTE, ORDER, .. INVOICE

To open the window, select the Item No. field on the marketing document and press CTRL+TAB.

One another nice feature of SBO is the Original Item that you selected an alternate for is also stored in a field called OrigItem in the document lines table. This is mainly helpful for planning and reporting purposes.

Example if you using an Sales Order. RDR1.ItemCode will have the alternate item and RDR1.OrigItem will have the original item the customer asked for.

Hope this helps

Suda

Message was edited by:

Suda Sampath