cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP Filtering New Records with Same Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I have having some difficulty with DTP's in BI NW2004s. I seem not to understand how they are supposed to work.

I have migrated 2LIS_12_VCSCL to the 7.x process and created a DTP to load my DSO. This all seems to work fine.

My dilema comes when I want to reload the DSO without pulling new data from R/3. I deleted all the data in the DSO, then execute the DTP and it loads all the previously data packages. This, on the surface looks fine, but the results are incorrect.

After troubleshooting it, what I have found is that for records that share the same semantic key, it is filtering the records and only updating the DSO with the OLDEST record.

This is resulting in bad records in the DSO and subsequent data providers. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

Regards.

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1041284 corrects the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

I feel , since the key is the same, DSO will make the changes in the same record with the same key. I am not really sure, but, is each delivery time dependent? You may need to include the delivery date or something as well..

I'm not really sure though.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I would have to know specifically what your Semantic Key settings are and your DSO key fields are to evaluate the problem further.

In any case, you only need Semantic Keys for purposes of writing to the Error Stack. Otherwise, you do not need them. Furthermore, not having anything specified for Semantic Keys will speed up your DTP load to your DSO. Semantic Keys dictate your data packet size...regardless of the setting in the DTP.

So unless you have records that are incorrect and will fix in the Error Stack, don't bother with Semantic Keys.

Deactivate all Semantic Key settings and run your DTP load to the DSO. Take a look at the results. Then have your Semantic Key settings exactly as your DSO key field settings. Take a look at these now and compare.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As an addendum, I have created a Full Load DTP for the same transformation. It too finds the 7 records for the delivery but only moves the oldest record to the DSO. When I run the DTP in debug mode, I can see this happening clearly, but it does not seem to make sense to me. Shouldn't it move the newest record?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood my problem.

The PSA data is correct. What I have pulled from R/3 is accurate. An example is with 2LIS_12_VCSCL. For a given delivery I have 7 records in the PSA. One is in the initialization load and the other six are from subsequent delta loads using info packets to the PSA.

Now I want to move the PSA data to a DSO. To do this I have a DTP set up in Delta mode. When I execute it, it selects all 7 records from the PSA with the same key (delivery number, item and schedule line number). It then filters the seven records down to 1, eliminating all but the OLDEST record. This does not meet the needs because it leaves the oldest PSA record as active in the DSO rather than the newest.

If I choose 'Full Load' when defining the DTP won't it load every record in the PSA every time the DTP is executed?

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kevin,

Use infopackages when you want to pull data from R3. Since you dont want to pull from R3, you can just execute DTP. So, you ahve done it right!

Next, in DTP, there are 2 modes - Full Load and Delta Load ( In the 'extraction' tab in DTP - extraction mode)

Full Load - will pull all requests from PSA

Delta Load - will pull only the new requests

Thanks