cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary license after a system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i've just released my first homogeneous system copy for testing purpose and i would like to know how to remove the actual license an install a new temporary license

with user SAP* i cannot delete license with tcode SLICENSE

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, thanks to all

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Olivier - I have not personally done a system copy recently, but when we have done disaster recovery tests, we typically have to request a license key from SAP for the system where the D/R is being restored to. We don't worry about deleting the old invalid key until we get the new key installed. So, on the new host, after getting the database copied over, you should be able to execute "saplicense -get" as user <sid>adm . This will give you the hardware key. Then go to the Service Marketplace and request a license key (Service Marketplace --> Keys & Requests --> Request License Key). You will need to choose the correct installation number, and then either select or create the <SID>. FYI - It is okay to have duplicate SIDs. For example, you can 2 PRD systems, since they are on different hosts. You can either create a new permanenet license for the system copy (expiration 12/31/9999), or if it is just a test you can create a license key with an expiration date. When the key is generated, you can use the tcode SLICENSE to install the new key. Once you install it, thus making the system valid, you should be able to delete the old key based on the other host.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Blair Towe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver ,

Go with Blair and no need of removing licence, it will be over written automatically.Just make sure that there is no 2 sys.'s with same host/Ip address(network wont allow you that any how).

Regards,

Hari.

PS: Award points if helpful.