cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM explosion while creation of scheduling agreement / PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone pls tell me how can i control / make settings for the explosion of BOM, when MM creates a scheduling agreement or a PO ?

Also, if i have multiple alternative BOMs, how can i get the BOMs selected automatically??

Thank you,

Shrenik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not clear from your question?

When creating SA/PO, why you want the BOM to be exploded? what is the apllication you are talking about?

Please explain in detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry. I forgot to write that this is a subcontracting scenario. Hence, a BOM is required.

Shrenik

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shernik,

Maintain Production Version for the material using C223 or directly in MM02-MRP4 view.

Assign this Production version to the Purchasing Inforecord using transaction ME12.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to assign the special procurement key 30 in the MRP view for the material you want to do sub contract.

Create the BOM with the component and quantity.

Info record and source list should be created for the material.

When you run the MRP the system will create the purchase reuqestion and if u convert that request to PO it will create the Sub contract PO with components which need to send.

Thanks and regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Satish,

The material can also be produced in-house. It is not always sub contracted. So in that case also, is it ok, if i maintain special procurement key 30 ??

Shrenik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasobh,

In transaction ME12, there is no place where i can assign a production version. What should i do ?

Shrenik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the material is used for prodcution also then you need to decide which one will be the major one. Then you have to create the Production version as Prasobh told you need to assign in ME12. While create the Info record you need to select the subcontracting radio button so that you will get the production version tab in ME12. In that you need to assing the version so the system will pick the BOM accordingly whether its Productin BOM or Sub contracting BOM.

Regards,

Satish

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shernik,

It is simple you need to create the Inforecord with Subcontracting as the Info Category to get this field activated. Screen and field selection is designed such a way that only for Suncontracting Inforecord category only this production version field will appear.

Regards,

Prasobh

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shernik,

Were you able to assign the Production Version to Info record?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya i did that way.

But then i again tried without that. I unassigned the PV and tried again for a new material.

The BOM was picked up at that time also.

Hence, now i am confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Just a BOM is saficient for your senario.

What other requirement are

1. material master with special procurement key in MRP2

2. A valid BOM. i.e. as of the date it should be active, i.e it should be valid for the given date(as per the release date)

3. Material is maintained in that plant.

4. IMG settings - in OS30...PP01 or BEST should have id 01 and the alternative determination in related application area-alternative determination for MRP--> for a plant it should be 01.( where the BOM usage 1 is maintained), check your BOM usage, it may be 3 or 1, both are okay.

All other settins like inforecord etc will help you to reduce your input data, but above settings will help to explode the BOM in PO.

Hope you understood.

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shrenik,

It would have default picked up the first available BOM, probably you would have used the same in Production Version also, that is the reason you are not able to apperciate the importance of Production version.

check and see if you are able to pick up the 2nd or 3rd BOM without production version.

Regards,

Prasobh