cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor creation-suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I request for a suggestion on creation of vendors.

I have got @ 8 company codes involved in my implementation.

Out of these 8 company codes, 2 company codes looks after the entire procurement..

One company code (say A) looks after procurement requirement of 6 other company codes and the remaining company code (say B) does its purchasing.

Company code A then transfers the goods to other 6 company codes as a Intercompany transfer.

However the other 6 company codes can at times buy directly from these import vendors.

This effectively means that all these vendors shall be available for all the company codes for procuring goods on their own.

Based on this I would like to have recommendation on the level at which the vendors needs to be created.

If I create a vendor on C Code level then it will be specific to that company code.

I can have vendor created at P Org level (Assign P Org to all the plants.) which will allow me to use this vendor in all company codes. However, if I do so then I can not enter data such as recon account data, double invoice check tick mark etc at the time of creation.

I am not convinced the way I can create these vendors. Please suggest

Thanks in advance

Regards,

manOO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create vendor at both company code and purchasing org level.

You can create PO for a purchasing org only if the vendor is created at purchasing org level.

You can do invoice verification for that PO, only if the vendor is created at the company code level for the company code mentioned in the PO. Otherwise you will need a payee partner function vendor who is created for the company code.

Please look at the combinations you mentioned and you can work out the organization levels at which the vendors should be created.

Regds,

Lakshman