Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oops imp

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anybody say what is the main reason for implementing projects in oops rather than using normal programming.

3 REPLIES 3

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep

If you do not understand ABAP Objects nor develop according to OO principles you are "<b><i><u>dead</u></i></b>" as developer within the next 24 months. Why?

Starting with basis release 6.20 SAP has transformed the SAP basis from classical to OO programming. This shift is moving futher on to the business modules. Thus, without a decent understanding of ABAP-OO you will have no chance to understand the ABAP coding of the SAP standard anymore.

For a comparison of classical vs. OO programming have a look at:

<a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/2007/07/09/UnderstandingABAPObjects">Understanding ABAP Objects</a>

Regards

Uwe<i></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The following lines explain the main Abap object oriented concepts that differs from traditional abap.

I have explained object orientation which is such an important aspect in SAP. The discussion began with the features of Object Orientation and includes the runtime environment, the language extension, the classes and the class components. Apart from that I have also discussed for new first time readers event handling, inheritance encapsulation and polymorphism.

Regards,

Padmam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>reason</b>

The fundamental idea behind object oriented programing (OOP) is to combine both DATA and the FUNCTION (METHODS) thoese operate on that data into a single unit.

such an unit is called OBJECT . i.e key principle of OOP is DATA controling Access to code

<b>advantage</b>

1)better programing structure

2)real world entity can be modeled very well

3)stress on data security and access

4)data encapsulation and abstraction

5)reduction in code redundancy

<b>Features</b>

1) Modeling real wold entities and processes in a more natural way

2)Hiding date and its related logic behind well defined interfaces

3)Reausing attributes and methods while allowing for specialization

4)Simplofying by hiding varying implementations behind the same interface

5)Same code can be reused multiple times by using inheritances