cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Alert Messaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am faceing the problem while opening the ALERT CONFIGURATION and ALERT INBOX.

Whenever i open the particular link it ask me for the username and password , when i gave the username and the password , it goes off and again pop-up with the login details , it means it doesnot goes inside it.

Can anyone help me in this.....

Thanks in advance...

JAY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot,

I have run the transaction and found one entry for the error file.

Is there any transaction for the alert configuration from XI,

As for my understanding i think my configuration is allright in the XI side , i just need to configure the external mail id,,

I think i have to look into SU01 and SCOT, but can you please let me know what all the things i have look into for the sucessfully processing of the mails..

Thanks,

JAY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

>>>Is there any transaction for the alert configuration from XI,

You mean for Alert Rules?

AFAIK theres no t-code available. But if you want you can transport the alert rules defined in dev to qa server. Search in SDN or help.sap.com on how to do the same.

To send mails contact your basis team. They would do the configuration required in SCOT. We just need to enter the email id in SU01.

Go to know that you can open the alert inbox from alrtinbox t-code.

Also open RWB and right click on alert inbox link and compare the link with the one which you got from running alrtinbox t-code. Check out the differences between them.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It is not opening even with the xisuper userid.

Any guesses,

Thanks,

JAY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Login to your quality server. Run T-Code ALRTINBOX.

Click on Execute.

IE will open up. enter username and password and see if it works.

If it doesnt work enter the IP address and FQDN in your local pc hosts file.

-->windows\system32\drivers\etc

Let us know if it doesnt work.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur quick responce ,

We are using this in the development server and in the development server it is working fine so we have transported this to the quality and in the quality we have configure everythings in the ALERTCATDEF but we need to maintain the rule in the alert configuration, i am sure i am using the right username and the password for this but still i am faceing the problem'

Could you please let me know if i am wrong anywhere.

thanks a lot in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

make sure the user has same authorizations in QA as he/she has in Dev.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

Check if you are using the right id/pw to logon or if the ID is logged for repeated failures.

If you have a centralized alert management like Solution manager then you need to use your solution manager. Check the server when the popup comes up. Is it the same as the XI server...if not then you must be using a diff system for alerts.