cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusable structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My questions if we save structure in query as a reusable structure... that means it can be used globally ... we can call that structure to use in any queries..

my question how can we call it ... once i save in main query where i have created structre as reusuable structure... how can i access in another query...

please explain in steps ..

will rewards with points

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

A global (= reusable) structure will be shown in the BEx Query Designer in the leftmost pane, where all InfoProvider elements are shown.

Just drag it into the new query's rows or columns.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also,

If you wish to change the global structure in any way for that particular query once you have dragged it into your query, go to properties and choose "Remove Reference". This will remove the reference to the global structure and make it just a local copy. You can then edit it however you like without changing the global one.

Cheers,

Rusty

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello stefan...

i could not able to see it... could you please be more descriptive....

plz... and also in what scenarios we use global structures..

will reward points..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Global Structures/Reusuable Structures can be found in the Left Hand Panel :

Infoprovider Name

<b>Structures</b>

CKF's

RKF's

I hope ur luking under the same Infoprovider as they will be available on the Same Infoprovider but accross diff Queries.

Btn did u make it Global right click " Save As "

Scenarios : Say u have a structure of Time Period Jan to December along Columns n u want to use the same in Diff queries on the same Infoprovider u make it Global so as to avoid extra work again creating the same structure.

Message was edited by:

Jr Roberto

Answers (0)