cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RSECADMIN, PFCUG, SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could some explain me RSECADMIN ... PFCG , SU01 IN bw point of view....

WE CREATE authorization objects at pfcg...and assign at su01 to the particular user...

same thing we do in rsecadmin... but here we are creating for particualr object... restricting for single value, range values.... and choose by giving restrictions to users... but where we can we see... for ex: custid infoobject.. using this at rsecadmin restricted data from cust001 to cust009 .... and assigned this to two users but where this is restricted.....at datatarget.. level..

iam not clear..in this..please be descriptive by giving scenarios....

please reply

will reward points..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Guru M!

It's all consistent with the latest Aucthorization Concept for 2004s. In a nutshell, the RSECAMIN is a neat tool that allows you to define the various aspects of your enterprise's Authorization Plan. So, instead of punching in the various transactions, you control the navigaion and definitions from RSECADMIN.

You may want to check out the following links below:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ded59342-0a01-0010-da92-f6b...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/66/019441b8972e7be10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Also, please do check out the following SAP Notes:

Note 964905 - New concepts and generation of analysis authorizations

Note 820183 - New authorization concept in BI

I hope my reply is of help to you. Please don't forget to assign points if it has!

Best Regards,

Philips

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

Kindly note that PFCG has been included in RSECADMIN. You would still be able to use PFCG separately as well.

To restrict for custid as you have mentioned, you need to create an authorization object say ZOBJ and include your authorization relevant infoobjects , infoproviders.

You would also be able to mention the values and value ranges.

Thanks